Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hot Air Balloon Festival

First up a few are things I need to jot down.
1. A while ago the kids and I were eating breakfast when Liam said "We should get a dog."  Then he turned to Colin and said "Colin what should we name the dog?"  Before he even let him answer Liam said "We should name him Barkley" Ha.  I laughed because I just don't see a dog in the picture too soon.
2. Just after Christmas we had a strand of lights that fell down in the window, so I decided to just take them down.  Colin got so upset when he realized I wasn't going to put them back up.  I explained that Christmas was over and he started crying and said "But it didn't even snow!"   Then later he said he wanted to move somewhere cold, ha.  Once I started taking out Christmas stuff a few days later.  Colin turned to me and said that when it snows we should put it back up.  He definitely associates Christmas with snow!

Once again we went to Havasu on Friday night and stayed in Great Grandma's condo so we could get up bright and early to see the balloons.
Here are the kiddos on GG balcony.
Another view from the balcony
Driving over the London Bridge.
Kiddos on arrival to Balloon Festival
We started out at the food trucks and grabbed some donuts and a breakfast burrito.
Then we watched some of the bigger balloons get set up.
and did a lot of running around in the grass
Colin was rolling around somewhere during this one
Then we walked into a balloon which the kids thought was pretty neat.
My little flowers
Did I mention it was this gal's 15 month birthday!
Colin wanted to get his face painted and he didn't make it easy because he wanted spiderman, ha!  Emily tried to help out since the girl was really struggling.  Colin was happy with the results.
Then all three kids jumped on a bed in the kid's play area.
Finally it was time for some rides. First up was this dragon rollercoaster.  Liam was SO excited to be in the front.
Colin did well the first 4 times around but then he started crying.  Luckily the guys stopped it and let him off and continued the ride.  Once Colin was off he was calm and said he just got a little scared but wanted to get back on, ha!  I told him he wouldn't be able to get on again but when Liam was done he could pick the next ride.
Car ride!  They did this one twice.
Amelia and i walked around a little in hopes of me getting a 15 month photo shoot in.  She wasn't all that cooperative and she is difficult to keep up with.
She is a sweet gal
We love her
I still can't believe she is 15 months!
Then we all went to watch the dog show.  Basically a bunch of different dogs doing cool tricks.
Colin was pretty into it
Amelia was exhausted.
When we left we went to Red Robin and then home.  We all had a great time.  I think I said this last year but if I remember we are going to start out standing on the London Bridge I think that is where the best view is.  Next up Amelia's 15 month post!!

No comments: