Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Snow Day in the Hualapais

This little lady likes to climb up into her brothers' chairs after meals and eat their leftovers.  On this particular day it was cereal.
She is always very proud of herself
I failed to post the picture of the gifts the boys made us.  Here they are and we LOVED them.
Liam finally had his 5 year old check up on Dec. 31st.  During the visit I figured we should get everyone's flu vaccines done.  Welp, I was a day late and a dollar short.  Colin became sick on Jan 2nd with a high fever and was just flat out miserable!  I was at volleyball and told Chris to take him to urgent care.  Sure enough he tested positive for influenza.  Then two days later Liam had a fever, so we took him in, too.  He came up negative but they wanted to cover him with meds since he was exposed to Colin.  Then the next day Amelia started with a fever.  I took her into the pediatrician and she tested positive also, sigh.  Dr. Lafredo asked a few questions as to where we had traveled because Amelia was her first positive swab in her office, ha! Go figure.  Anyway, we had some lazy days and here are these two watching Frozen together.
Everyone recovered fairly quickly except Colin.  The poor guy took a little longer and was miserable a couple of days longer.  The boys went back to school eventually and Amelia was looking cute when we dropped them off.
Such a cutie
Love this little lady
Saturday, Jan 9th we took the kids to the Hualapais to play in the snow and we had a great time.  Liam was super pumped at first and jumped right in tubing down the hills.
Amelia was not thrilled at all with the snow, so Grandma Snay mainly held her.
Liam cruising down the hill
He was a happy little guy.
Amelia went down once with her daddy and had a huge smile on her face until the snow touched her face then she was not happy.
Colin had a great time sledding too but he enjoyed eating snow, and playing around in it more.
Me and my boys
My sweet baby girl.  She and I had a little cuddle time when Grandma took a turn sledding.
Eating snow
Throwing a snowball at me
Making snow angels
He was very happy
Liam was off in the shade after a while, playing and eating snow when he became cold and DONE.  He started crying because he was so cold, poor fella.  My mom took a picture for us and we headed back to the car to get the boys dry and warm.
Here is how they traveled
It was a fun for them.
Amelia decided that she wanted to walk once we were heading back to the car
My mom caught this cute picture for me.  We had her legs tied up in shopping bags in hopes to keep her dry, ha!
Chris, Amelia, and me
Grandma and Grandpa
Once we got to the car I got Liam changed and dried off.  My dad had the heater running full blast in the truck and then I heard Colin crying a little too!  I guess when Chris took off his very wet, cold pants off he realized just how cold he was.  So we had two tired and cold boys but they did have a blast and maybe if I find some super cheap snowsuits I will buy them for next year. Since we get to play in the snow only once a year around these parts.
Later that day these boys played outside while Chris was feeling not so well.  They love their star wars jackets.
Yoda and R2-D2
Then that evening we went to eat with G&G Casson at Sakura.  It was quite a lovely day!

No comments: