Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Broken Wrist and Egg Decorating

Amelia using her gardening tools to help daddy with the weeds one night.
The kids continue to LOVE their swing set and occasionally they eat lunch on it too.  Here are the boys eating their mac n cheese.
After lunch the boys were playing outside on March 23rd (Wednesday) and all the sudden I hear crying and Liam and the neighbor boy Jake come running saying Liam got hurt.  I made my way outside and Liam was laying face down in the dirt by the monkey bars with gardening gloves on.  I asked Liam what happened and as he lie there all he said was "It hurts!"  I asked what hurt before I moved or touched him when he responded his left arm.  Turns out it was his wrist and it hurt to move it side to side. I brought him in the house and just knew we were going to end up in the ER.  I called Chris to give him warning.  Liam is usually the kid when he gets hurt that gets angry that you acknowledge the fact that he got hurt and will get up and walk away.  When he laid there in the dirt I just knew something more was wrong.  So we waited it out and I put on a show, gave him some ice, and time to see if it still hurt.  Two hours later he was still grimacing.  Side note, my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin from Ohio came to visit and this happened 5 minutes before they arrived.  So we sat and chatted for about bit and then they were kind enough to watch Colin and Amelia while Chris and I ran Liam to the ER.  I called ahead and one of the docs I work with was kind enough to come over when we arrived and checked Liam out.  The x-rays showed a buckle fracture in his wrist but we were told it was the best way to break it.  So they wrapped his arm up in a sling and sent us home.  Liam was a champ the whole time but when it was bedtime he hit his breaking point.  He cried when he couldn't put on his own Pj's he realized that he was no longer independent.  It broke my heart.
We got Liam into the ortho doc and since the break wasn't terrible he said a brace for a couple weeks and then he see him again.  When Liam got the brace on he looked at me and said "Mom this is WAY better!"
Friday morning my kiddos decided to take pictures together
I love them!
This gal was introduced to broccoli and ranch dip and LOVES it!  She gets very excited when we pull it out of the fridge.
Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs and Grandma Snay and Sadie came over to help.
The kids were all really interested in it this year.
Colin picking his color
Sweet Amelia she was trying to get into everything!
Colin and grandma
Coloring her Easter egg with dye sticks, which worked great for her!
Next up Easter!

No comments: