Saturday we decided to head to the beach and Golden Gate Park. Transportation was difficult to figure out (trains, buses and trolleys, oh my!), so we resorted to Uber and it worked like a charm. Chris and I walked on the beach for a little bit. I probably could have stayed there all day with a blanket and a good book. It was so calm, the waves were huge, and there were tons of shells and crabs to find.
Here is a nearly-complete sand dollar I found!
The hubby and me
Me hiding in the grass
Once we left the beach we walked through Golden Gate Park
We watched some older gentlemen play with their motorized model boats.
Chris was tired of walking so we stopped to wait for about 15 min for a park shuttle that never showed up, ha! So we continued on
Then we checked out the Japanese Garden
Finally it was lunch time! We grabbed a bite and Ubered to the mall for a bit. Then made our way back to the hotel. On our way we saw this little church among many tall buildings.
Once we arrived at hotel we freshened up and went to Ghirardelli Square.
We ate dinner at a The Pub which was a good BBQ place.
Then we wandered the square until our stomachs were ready for a hot fudge sundae. We ordered the sundae to say we did it but I will have you know it was not particularly good. I have had many better sundaes! We can officially say we did the touristy thing though.
We started walking back and passed some wax museum. Of course we had to take a picture of Optimus Prime and send it to the boys. (They thought it was pretty cool when they say it the next morning)
Sunday we borrowed the bikes from the hotel (We realized they had complimentary bikes after we rented ours the previous day, ha) and decided to check out Chinatown. There were a few hills and let's just say going up hill we had to walk our bikes a few times.
Chinatown
Chris liked the name of this park in Chinatown.
Downhill
Then we went to check out the baseball park
It was just too bad there wasn't a game happening. Next time we will plan a later trip
AT&T Park
Chris posing with Willie Mays
Hubby and me
Biking back to the hotel
Last selfie couple photo
Bay Bridge
Last good-bye picture
I will say by Sunday I was ready to get home and see my kiddos. It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to go back again someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment