Thursday, September 29, 2016

Andy Devine Days

We decided to take the kiddos to the Andy Devine Days parade after their soccer games.  They had a great time watching the parade and collecting candy when they could.
Amelia didn't waste anytime eating the lollipop she grabbed.
They had all sorts of activities this year and a little kids' area with jump houses, face painting, etc.  They also had a rock wall that you could climb.  Liam really wanted to do it.  We stood in line for a good hour in the hot sun on the pavement until he finally got his turn.  He was so excited and really wanted to make it to the top, and he was sure he could do it.
Getting strapped in.
Ready to go
And he's off!
Unfortunately for Liam, the lady all of a sudden decided they needed to move quicker through the line when other kids previously had multiple chances and got help from the ladies running it.  She wasn't even paying attention or trying to assist Liam.  So, when he fell after only a few moments that was it and he was devastated.  I have never seen him so sad.  It was so hard as a parent, and part of me wanted to scream at her but at the same time I had to try and look at it as a life lesson for him.  He cried and was so bummed we ended up carrying him back to the car and he continued to be very sad and even napped when we got home.  I'm sure standing in the sun didn't help how he felt.
Colin got his shot at it too and the lady actually helped him a little maybe because I was semi running my mouth and she may have overheard me after Liam. (I was also upset because here we stood in line for sooooo long and one little girl was attempting the top for a good 10-15 minutes and the never made her come down. They couldn't reach her but they encouraged her to keep going instead of placing a time limit)
Anyway, Colin was pumped to give it a try
He's off!
This is about as far as he went and he was done.
I had bought these metal detector trucks a long time ago on clearance and we kept them hidden from the kids and brought them out for a little surprise one weekend.
As you can see they were excited.
I had gone out and hidden coins in the sand before we brought them out.  Here is everyone testing them out.
They thought they were pretty cool.
Check out this super handsome kindergartner.  I just LOVE this picture.
We had taken a little trip to Target one day and came across this D-backs hat for our little lady.  She enjoyed wearing it and watching TV.

No comments: