Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Arizona and a Baby Shower!

I officially ditched my poor husband to come to AZ for a week. I didn't want to, but it just didn't work out for both of us to come and if you don't think I teared up a little at the airport when he dropped me off, you're wrong.  Unfortunately, I have been sick since my arrival, though the last 2 days my phlegm saturated esophagus has started to clear up (except at night when I have coughing fits!)  Luckily, I was able to see pretty much everyone without infecting them with my germs (Hopefully!) 
When I first arrived Sadie insisted I go to her hockey game.  She participates in a hockey club at the school every Wednesday.  Here are a few pictures of Sadie (the tow-headed terror) in action. 
 She's number 23

This is a random picture of me laying on the bed later that night. I never realized that I how big my bump was when laying flat. Sadie got a kick out of it!  She also got to feel him move and her response was "That's freaky!" She also told me that I was "HUGE!" 
Thursday and Friday I did some visiting with Megan and my family, and also just hung out in the backyard; which is always nice and relaxing. I was planning on going to the Jacobs household on Friday but they still had a little bug floating about too. 
Matt had a cross county meet at NAU on Saturday (which I considered skipping but went anyway).  So we all loaded up to go watch the runner in action. The fun thing about seeing Matt run cross country is he is not the typical runner build and apparently while he was running his race someone called him the "HULK" I thought that was hilarious!  [Matt does not "run" cross-country.  He "lumbers." -WCC]  He did better than he thought and was able to come home for the rest of the weekend to visit.
 Sadie attacking Matt
Action shot with the fun flowers!

Sunday was the baby shower and it went over GREAT!  Thank you to Lorinda for letting us invade her house, Mom for planning and coordinating, Megan for planning and organizing the games, and Brandi for the amazing whale cake!  Also thanks to all those who came and the lovely gifts!  Baby Boy Casson is a lucky little guy with a nice wardrobe when he arrives. It was also nice to be able to see everyone and just get together :) 
Sweet cake Brandi made
Belly shot of Brandi and me
Group shot of some of the gals
I think this one caught a few people off guard but I am posting anyway!
Afterwards we came home and ate some steak which was GREAT!  Oh yes, and us kids dog piled on mom! Jenna also stayed and spent some of Monday with us, which was nice! On Monday evening I went and spent some time at the Casson household, and Tuesday morning I did make it over to the Jacobs' for a little visit.  All in all it was a great week of visiting.  The good news is I get to go home and see my husband tomorrow!  The bad news is I have to return to work on Thursday :(

Lastly I am 30 weeks!  10 more to go!
Baby Boy Casson hasn't grown too much and is about 3lbs. and 15 and 1/2 inches


2 comments:

Brandi said...

It was great to see you! You look just as wonderful in person.

I'm glad you liked the cake. Jess did at least half the work, so I can't take all the credit. Have a safe trip home.

I like that Chris does cross-country editing.

McDyson said...

Sorry that when I left your house I was a blubbering mess. It's my fault we didn't get a proper good-bye. I loved seeing you all round and preggo. You are beautiful in every way and I love you, dear friend. Now I'm sad that I'm not gonna get to see you again before Baby No-Name's here. Thanks for coming out to see us all...Next time I guess you can bring that looney-toon husband of yours. Wow...I'm writing too much. Bye.