Liam Timothy Casson has made his arrival into the world! He joined us 11/23/10 at 9:23PM. He was 8lbs. 5oz. and 21 1/4inches long. We are so happy he is finally here! The morning started out at 6 AM so we could arrive at the hospital by 7 AM. Then we eventually got to our Labor and Delivery Room where they inserted a gel to induce me. Four hours later they inserted more gel which sent me over the edge. I ended up having contractions like a minute a part; the bummer was all that work was making no changes in my dilation: (I was at 3cm the day before and remained there even after all the contractions). I eventually gave in and got an epidural around 6PM and then they broke my water. The doctor convinced me that having a natural birth can be very difficult when induced. The epidural was not as scary as I thought it would be and I was still able to move and feel somewhat. I even had a chance to rest a little in between contractions [she was fantastic during the contractions and only almost broke my fingers once or twice because of my wedding ring]. After that things moved pretty quickly and by 8PM I was at 6cm, then by 9:23 he was here [The doctor was amazed by how well Sarah was able to push when the time came, and the pushing process that usually takes 1-2 hours took Sarah about 10-15 minutes, which was indeed amazing]! Chris was great through the whole process and very supportive, maybe even a little worried at times [Sarah was even better and was clearly meant to be a mom-big surprise I know]. My mom was in the room the whole time also and was able to hold a leg and watch Liam's debut which she loved. Chris cut the umbilical cord and all was well! Here are a few pictures from the big day...

Chris waiting anxiously
Grandma Snay waiting anxiously
Me trying to get things moving
He's out!
Liam getting checked out and his footprints done-big monkey-toed feet
Grandma Casson admiring Liam
Daddy and Liam checking each other out
Mommy and Liam checking one another out
Grandma and Grandpa Casson (Tim is informing other family members of his arrival)
Grandma Snay and Liam getting to know each other
Grandpa Casson and Liam hanging out.
On a fun note I called home to tell Sadie that her nephew was here. Her voice became very high pitched and she said "He's here?" then immediately must have turned to Matt and said "Matt he's here!" and then handed Matt the phone in her excitement. I then became all emotional and had to hand the phone to my mom. Needless to say Aunt Sadie was pumped!
5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I soooo love that name!
Yay! I teared up reading this! Congratulations! He's so cute and I can't wait to meet him!
I'm so excited for you to have your boy (and be done with labor). He's handsome and I can't wait to hold him.
From what I hear pitocin makes it like hard labor much sooner, sooooo...don't blame ya. This last labor was definitely my most painful, and if it hadn't been only an hour and a half of those ridiculous contractions, I'm not sure I could have survived it.
WOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ridiculously excited for your new arrival and am so proud of you guys!! I LOVE little Liam Timothy's name and keep bragging about him to anyone/everyone who will listen. CAN'T WAIT to meet him and see you two as mommy and daddy.
HOOORAAAYYYY! I'm SO excited for you guys. Having your 1st baby is DEF. an unforgettable experience!Makes me wanna have another one....almost. :) Precious little Liam is lucky to have 2 of the coolest parents E.V.E.R. Congrats to you guys. Hope you have a speedy recovery Sarah-
Post a Comment