Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out and About

On Wed. night it was somewhat nice outside so we all decided to go on a walk when Chris got home from work.  I guess Liam really wasn't part of the decision making but he didn't seem to mind.  This was his first time outside in his stroller for a long period of time.  He and his dad seemed to really enjoy the walk.

 Liam in his cool ride
 Don't you just love his little hat and gloves!
 Daddy and Liam cruising along
Chris liked walking side by side with him so they could chit chat

The following day it was semi-nice again.  I decided it was time to workout and go for a run.  I bundled and loaded Liam and away we went!  I am just thankful I didn't die on the trail.  I realized that I am disgustingly out of shape.  I would walk a little and then run a little. I am suppose to run in the 10 mile Cherry Blossom run the 1st weekend of April and I have a LOT of work to do!  Liam was a sweet angel and slept our entire run.

Here are a few pictures of our growing boy.  
 Tummy time!
 He becomes very focused on certain things during tummy time.
 Mommy and Liam having tummy time together
Daddy and Liam having there nightly conversation,
A close up for Megan.

Our sweet boy has started to sleep longer through the night!  The last 3 nights he has slept for 5-6 hours before waking up and goes right back to sleep.  It is pretty AWESOME!  He has also started to nap better during the day and even in his crib!!  It is a wonderful thing because now I have time to get some stuff done like cleaning! Before during the day he would sleep about 30 minutes at a time which did not allow enough time to accomplish anything.  I hope this new sleeping trend continues!


Oh and lastly we bought a new car today! We are now proud owners of a 2011 Ford Fusion.  I will post pictures another day.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

He looks SO extra handsome in that last picture.

Good job on getting him to nap in his crib. I've never been good at it, and I think I've only gotten worse with each baby. I just sit holding her while she naps, and then when she wakes up I realize maybe I should've done dishes or something. Ha.

Can't wait to see the new car.

megs said...

Haha, I am totally jealous of the baby who is willing to nap and lets you put him in a stroller - Minuet hasn't let me make it out of Walleck without demanding the attention she lacks while in a stroller. Ha. And I'm totally with Brandi - I can't pass up a baby napping on me, you only have so many opportunities, and that freaked me out. Then my arms fell off, and she's starting to sleep better in the crib so we're going with that...

Really, isn't it amazing the jump you get in sleep at around this point? I loved it, needed it, and thought, oh, I can handle THIS. Just know, it isn't a progression or a line of just getting better with sleep, just hiccups along the way, where you grab sleep when you can - then they teeth, and then realize you exist when you're gone, and all the other things that interrupt. It isn't regressing, just the pendulum of development - and even knowing that, it is so frustrating when it feels like it goes downhill again... maybe not for you though... he seems very sweet.