Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Fun!

This weekend was awesome! It is so nice when I don't have to work the weekend and I can spend time with my boys. On Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market, grocery store etc., dyed Easter eggs, and finally watched the last Harry Potter.
Here is Liam and daddy dying eggs together.
Mommy and Liam playing with an egg
Liam eating an egg
Once we were done dying eggs.  We all went up stairs and read "T'was The Night Before Easter" to Liam.  It's a cute little book :) He loved it! Once he was a sleep with visions of the Easter Bunny in his head, Chris and I watched Harry Potter.
The next morning the Easter Bunny came and Liam was thrilled!  He wore his First Easter outfit.
Then Daddy and Liam opened their Easter baskets
Liam love his new book, outfit, and stuffed chick :)
Chris was excited about the Big Bang Theory Season 3. Thanks to Scott we are both addicts now.
Liam grabbing at his goodies
After Easter Baskets Liam and Daddy went on an Easter Egg hunt.
It was a beautiful day so we decided to go to the zoo and it was a GREAT day for the zoo!  We ended up parking near the gorillas who just happened to be getting ready for their Easter Egg hunt. The zookeepers made paper mache eggs stuffed with apples that had yogurt and peanut butter on them.  It was great to watch the gorillas run out and find their treats.
Liam and me awaiting the gorillas
This one found his egg right away
The Silverback claimed his egg immediately and then sat right in front of the window for all the people to see.
We had the best view of the baby which was awesome.  The baby is probably about 2 years old.  He found an egg and had control of it for a small amount of time. Just watch the video below.
Next we went and saw the Sloth bears because Chris and I think they are awesome.
Daddy and Liam
He's a happy boy :)
Next we checked out the orangutans 
Then we headed over to see the lions.  It was great because all the babies were out.  There were 6 of them, 2  adult females, and the male. This little guy wanted to play.
The moms and their babies
As we were heading back from the lions the orangutans decided to cross over the zoo on their ropes.  It is so neat to see these guys hanging above you.
This one was in full swing. I even let out a gasp thinking he may fall but Chris proceded to tell me they are better at swinging than we are at walking [I meant Sarah in particular, but whatever -wcc]. Chris tried to get video of him but he moved too fast.
All in all it was a great Easter Sunday and we became zoo members so there will probably be many more trips (especially since zoo member kids like Liam get free animal crackers whenever they visit the zoo, even if he only has one tooth poking through his gums) :)



3 comments:

McDyson said...

Oh! The zoo is such a fun place! Wish we could go with you. And I LOVE that picture of Chris looking at Liam so adoringly. Very sweet!

Brandi said...

If gorillas didn't happen to be the most terrifying creatures in existence I'd fist fight that one for taking the baby's egg. But they are, so I won't.

Sarah said...

Haha Brandi! It was definitely sad but fun to watch then all run out. I was kind of surprised the mom didn't get more upset.