Friday, April 15, 2011

Warm Days

This week was nice because I had 4 days off in a row!  The bummer is I work the next 3 nights and won't get to see my husband over the weekend.  Anyway, the other day we headed to Costco to grab a few things.  We came home with this box of cereal and Liam loved trying to eat the box.  He was good at pushing it right off the table, too.
He's so sweet and innocent looking
I took this picture of our little guy attempting to hold his bottle.  This is Chris's dream come true.  This same day he also decided that he wanted to chew on everything in sight.  He ended up gagging himself on his teether and threw up EVERYWHERE, and later in the evening he did the same thing with his fingers- only this time he was on my lap.  He got us both pretty good, Chris jumped up to help but all I could do was laugh. Why is it that my son loves to poop and vomit on me?
It has been rainy all week long [major exaggeration -wcc], which figures because, as I always say: it is usually poopy weather on my days off.  Yesterday it was BEAUTIFUL outside though, and we took full advantage of it.  Chris got me this awesome picnic blanket for our anniversary (he let me open it early).  It folds up nicely and you can carry it like a bag!  Anyway, Liam and I decided to test it out.  We went outside played and read a book.  It was GREAT.  I wish we had  more days like this, but I guess the rain is suppose to come back by tonight :(
Here is our cool lil' man chillin' in the shade.
He was so cute, he kept trying to grab the polk-a-dots
Then he got tired of laying down so he sat in his bumbo for a while.
When Chris got home he was able to enjoy the blanket for about 10 minutes before Liam got hungry.  After that we went on a walk and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.  I love this tree.
Then we headed around the pond and saw this Blue Heron.  I know I have posted pictures of them before but today was different, because we saw him catch a fish and eat it!  Unfortunately, I was slow getting the camera out and he swallowed it whole in one gulp.  It was neat to see.
Next we visited the turtles.  They're everywhere and there are always kids admiring them on nice days. As you can see the the turtle to the left was posing for me. 
Liam loves going on walks. As usual he slept initially but woke up very happy and smiled at his daddy.
And another so you can check out his monkey toes. He is awesome!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah, he is pretty awesome. AND he has good choice in cereal.

Brandi said...

I agree, best cereal ever. Also I'm pretty jealous of your picnic blanket.

Brandi said...

Oh, and of course Liam is still wonderful, obviously.