Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Last 2 Days

As I mentioned in a previous post, the weather was pretty awesome while we were home.  We spent a lot of time outside and on Saturday decided was another day for the park.
Liam enjoyed swinging.
And so did Aunt Sadie and Grandma.
We went to a park that was much too big for Liam's age but he still conquered it.
On Sunday night we ate dinner at the Cassons' with Bob.  Liam was getting a little tired and cranky.  
We went to my parents house after dinner to say our good-byes.  Liam played Scrabble with Uncle Matt.
The towheads posed for a picture.
Liam showed Grandma and Uncle Matt the fan.
Then he attacked Sadie.
Sadie didn't think we were going to say good-bye because originally the plan was to do it in the morning.  It was good because she didn't think about it.  Then we said good-bye and she survived! Then we went back to the Casson's, packed up, went to bed, and left for Vegas in the AM.  I clearly forgot to get some last pictures of Liam with G&G Casson.  Next time I will do better!

P.S.- On our return flight from Las Vegas to Alexandria we sat behind a little girl, probably about three or four years old, who was having an existential crisis.  She spent the majority of the flight crying and saying things like, "I want to stay just the way I am, I don't want to die!"  She was sitting next to her dad, who was pretty much completely unable to comfort her, and her mom and sister were toward the back of the plane (this has to do with US Airways' inability to properly seat people who are flying together, and is part of the reason we will be avoiding that airline if at all possible in the future, but I digress).  The only thing that distracted here for a while was her dad trying to teach her angry birds on his phone.  It worked for a while, but eventually she started crying again.  Her dad must have been talking about getting to be with God when you die or something like that when trying to comfort her earlier because she said, "I don't like God, I wanna get rid of him!"  We felt bad for her, but it was really kind of funny, too.  

No comments: