This is what the boy's room looks like after his naps lately.
Every afternoon when he wakes up all he wants to do is read.
He pulls out a bunch of books (mainly his Spot books) and starts looking at the pictures.
Then he will bring the book over to me and I read it to him. He is pretty obsessed with the Spot flip books. I seriously thought we had ALL of them but discovered I was very wrong and there are about 10 more! I may have to gradually work on that collection.
He has also been very into my iphone and iPad to play his Sandra Boyton books. It is amazing how quickly he figured out how to navigate both devices.
This is his favorite page. The chicks to the right run in circles when he touches it and the chick at the bottom right starts as an egg and cracks open when he touches it twice.
Occasionally we will let him watch a show like Curious George or Thomas the Train on Netflix. Well, the other morning he kept whining and pointing at the computer wanting to watch a show, but I refused to let him watch it. He refused to play with me, so I put on Curious George and ran up stairs to get dressed and then forced him to take a walk and play outside. (It didn't take any force really once he saw the stroller) When I came back down the stairs this is what he looked like....
He has also enjoyed playing with his cars and trucks lately, especially on the kitchen floor. His favorite right now is the truck his buddy Noah got him for his birthday. The other day he insisted on taking it everywhere we went which included the Chiropractor. When we came out I got a little video of him walking with it...
In other news, we are weaning the pacifier! He is actually doing really well, maybe because he has only really ever used it for sleeping. He is no longer using it at night and it has been a week. We are still usually giving it to him for his naps because it is a little harder to get him to fall asleep but soon enough it will leave nap time. I want to get him weaned a few months before the baby comes-that way he will hopefully forget about it (or at least have no desire for it) altogether when he sees it pop up again.
I just want to jot a few other things down so I don't forget later on.
1. Liam insists on taking some type of ball outside every time we open the door, even if we are not going outside to play.
2. He says cheese, please, and keys but they all sound almost exactly the same!
3. He said monkey and daddy perfectly clearly over the last 2 days.
4. He still observes people very closely. There is a dad at Gymboree that brings his daughter and looks similar to Chris, (tall, dark hair, glasses) and Liam stares at him sometimes and I think it makes this dad a little uncomfortable. I find it hysterical!
5. He is into trains lately but doesn't call them trains he just points and says "choo-choo". It is the cutest and someday I will get video of it.
1 comment:
Whoa! Why would I not be surprised if he learns to read before my son? ;) He's voracious, that one!!
And, yeah, Patrick thinks the laptop is broken...since the touch screen doesn't work. =)
Post a Comment