Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Movin' and Colin's First Step!

We have been busy moving to a rental house so I am going to play catch up a little
First of all Colin took his very first step on July 6th! He has yet to really do it again but he is loving walking around with a walker and along the furniture.  Colin has also mastered the word "bahw" or ball. 
The poor little peanut has also been teething hard core. He has his two front teeth in but has about four others working their way through.  He has had some rough moments.  Then last Wednesday he was playing with the door to the bedroom and whacked his face.  I missed him do it but he immediately had a  mark on his face. Then later that morning his eye was a little red and by the time he woke up from his afternoon nap his eye was red and swollen.  We took him to the eye doctor and everything looked good.  He just gave us some lubricating drops to keep him from rubbing at it.  Here is our sweet boy with his first black eye :/
We got the keys to the house on Tuesday evening and went to check it out.  We decided it needed a little cleaning and painting before moving in.  Colin crawled around for a little bit and was instant proof that the floors needed to be cleaned.
The paint job was pretty terrible and streaky so we decided to paint all the bedrooms and it looks a thousand times better.  We also did the front bathroom because it was half black and bright teal with some horrid strip of wall paper.  Grandpa Casson worked hard from Thursday to Saturday to make sure it looked GREAT!  Thanks Grandpa :)
Colin did a little reading Thursday morning in the rocking chair.
Friday morning Liam and I went to get some donuts.  He was VERY excited and was a chocolate mess by the time he was done.
Aunt Sadie watched the boys Friday so I could help paint and on Saturday and Sunday we moved everything over to the new place.  Now we just have to organize which I think is the WORST part of moving.  I will say it is nice to see all our stuff again since it has been in boxes and stacked in the garage at Matt's house.  I just wish this move was more permanent and in a city we would like to be.  Ah well! 
In other news, Colin has been running a low grade fever but it spike to 103 Sunday night and he threw up.  I laid on his floor to stay close with him since he threw up in our bed on my side.  In the morning Liam came in and his first words to me were "mama, you smell awful"  Just what I wanted to hear.  I am sure I did between the sweatiness of moving all day and Colin throw up, at least he is honest!  We took Colin to urgent care and it looks like he has the start of an ear infection.  They have him a shot of an antibiotic in his leg.  He has still had a low grade fever today but I am hoping he will be feeling like himself soon.
Lastly, Liam has become more interested in using the potty.  He has gone in the potty three times since yesterday!!!  This morning he told me he had to go potty and when he sat down to go he looked up and said "It's gonna be cool". HA!  I really hope this trend keeps up!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Ha! I try to tell Neely it'll "be cool" to go in the potty, and she just says "I don't want to be cool."