On Friday morning I decided to take the boys to the Mohave County Fair. It was nice that there was going to be something going on in Kingman beyond the weekend and during the day for me to take the boys to. I told Liam that we would get to check out some animals and ride some rides. Basically, I set him up for disappointment. When we got there we went to check out the animals first thing. Liam enjoyed the loudness of the roosters and enjoyed seeing the animals. He even got to pet this little bunny.
Colin was loving this cow. It was mooing and really got Colin's attention. Liam, on the other hand, shied away from him.
Boys and some goats
Next we found a little petting farm area. Liam decided he wanted to go in. He fed a few of the animals
I let Colin down and he just put his head right into these goats. Silly boy.
Liam was given a brush so he could brush the animals which he thought was neat.
Colin grabbed this duck's bill
Me and my boys. That chicken behind us was all up in my hair.
This part of the fair was great with the boys. We saw some pony rides but they didn't start until 3PM, then there was a little train ride but it was not in operation. Then Liam wanted to ride some rides so we went that direction and found out the rides didn't open until 3PM. I felt like the world's worst mom. Here I told Liam we would get ride on some rides and now he couldn't! It was my fault for not knowing this information but why on earth have a fair with no rides operating! I was not the only one either. There were kids by the rides that also had to turn around. I am assuming from the Academy since they do not have school on Fridays. So I apologized to Liam and told him we could get some cotton candy instead. We went and looked by all the food vendors and I didn't notice anyone selling cotton candy. I finally asked someone and she told me where to go and guess what, they were CLOSED until 3PM. I was crushed and felt like they should have just opened the fair at 3PM. So I once again had to tell Liam we couldn't do something. Luckily, he was easy going and we got ice cream which made him happy.
We left after we enjoyed some ice cream and the boys did enjoy themselves and that is what counts. Oh and on our way out there was a little stand that had some cotton candy so we got some, although I didn't let Liam have any right away since we did just have ice cream. Overall, they boys seemed to have a good time doing something we normally don't get to do, but it made me really miss living in Alexandria where there is plenty of things to do with my boys during the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment