Last Saturday we had a lot of plans. We started the morning by heading to Home Depot for the monthly kids' project. It was bird-houses and the boys were more than happy to get started.
Liam wanted nothing more than to hammer.
Colin gave it a shot too but eventually went and played in the cart.
Then it was time to paint and boy did that get messy. They seemed to enjoy it quite a bit and it definitely appealed to Colin much more than hammering.
Hard at work.
Painting boys
Chris and I basically let them go and as long as they weren't painting anything else but the bird house, ha! At one point I went to get the boys some more paint and there was a girl with both her parents and the mom was "helping" her paint. Basically, painting it for her and got upset at her when she accidently got paint on the side her mom was painting. The poor girl was only about six years old, too.
Colin really liked to mix all the paint together, which made it difficult for Liam who was trying to paint each side of his house a certain color.
After Home Depot we went and watched Cason play soccer. He has quite the fan club and Colin was super excited to see him when he was done. He went running over to him with a big smile--not that this picture shows it.
When we got home I set up my new scarecrow and Colin thought he was pretty awesome.
My big plans for Saturday were to clean out our room and shampoo the carpets to make room for Baby #3. During naps Chris and I worked hard to clean out drawers and do some reorganizing. Later G&G Casson were going to take the boys out while we finished shampooing carpets, but all of a sudden our kitchen sink clogged. So we ended up having Grandpa and Uncle Chuck helping unclog it. Chuck also took a little spill in the process of getting off our roof, which was terrifying but once I realized he was okay I started busting up laughing. Anyway, things calmed down and G&G were kind enough to let the boys spend the night so Chris and I could finish shampooing. Here is my hubby hard at work.
We had the shampooer for 24 hours so we ran it to my mom's house the next morning and did her living and dining area, then we picked up the boys, and went to Jess and Brandi's. The big boys wanted to play some basketball, the kids had fun playing, and Brandi helped me cut some more quilt squares. Then Neely introduced Liam to his first video game and we shampooed the Jacobs' playroom.
This one is from Sunday night and G&G Snay's. Liam sure enjoys playing with Aunt Sadie and his cousin Macy.
Random one of Liam LOVING his new glow in the dark skeleton PJ's
Tuesday night the boys and I opened up a Halloween box and pulled a few things out. Colin enjoyed the bat costume.
Tuesday it was rainy and the boys and I enjoyed the smell of this candle and picked out a few mini pumpkins at the store. I sure hope it cools down soon! I am ready for a fall season. I may just have to move back to Virginia to ever see that again though, *sigh*
2 comments:
Cute jammies! We pulled out our Halloween decorations this week too....I couldn't put it off any longer with their constant begging. Is this weird....they wanted to decorate while listening to Christmas music...hahaha!
Yes, please do move back to Virginia!
Post a Comment