I haven't blogged about some of the funny things the boys have said lately so it's time to empty the list in my phone. Let's start with this sweet little guy!
Colin has continued to be super vocal and busting out new words right and left. He actually gets going so fast trying to tell us something that he can't keep up and ends up stuttering a little trying to express his thoughts. It's cute. It is a ton of fun right now watching him grow and learn. We love him :)
1. Colin has become mister independent about things lately. One day he was struggling to take off his own socks, which usually gets stuck on his heel. I offered to help and he looked at me and said "NO, I do it!"
2. He has also come up with a new saying for going home. He had a little cold and we had just dropped Liam off at school and my mom was spending the morning with us since she had the day off. Colin kept telling us "Fly home" He wanted to go home and it cracked me up that he kept saying fly home instead of go home. It reminded me of ET "phone home", ha! He still says it, it's just not as often.
3. When we went to Phoenix about a month ago we told the boys we would go to Barnes & Noble to pick a book. When we showed up in the parking lot. I asked who was excited. Liam instantly said "yahoo!" then Colin chimed in and said "yahoo!" When we got inside the doors, Colin was pretty pumped and jumped up and said "yahoo!" again. I'm glad my boys enjoy books!
4. When Brandi and I first started working on the quilts. Neely and Reed came over while Liam was at school. It was so neat to see how excited Colin was to have friends come over that he didn't have to share. They played so well together it was awesome.
5. Colin and I had to pick Sadie up from school a couple weeks ago before picking up Liam from school. Colin was in the back and took of his shoes and socks. Then he started saying "Hi baby feet" I started laughing so hard because, let's face it, it was cute and funny hearing him talk to his baby feet. While I was laughing he smiled at me and said "Why you laughing, momma?"
6. When Colin is curious what something is he asks "What him?" It took me a few times to figure out what he was referring to.
7. Colin is also into trying to entertain us like his older brother does and will say "Watch this" and then make a silly face, noise, or attempt some trick. He's a funny little guy.
Let's move on to this sweet boy.
Liam is enjoying school and loves to try and entertain us and tell stories. He has also become more emotional and likes to test his limits somedays, which is hard for him and his parents, ha! He still is a wonderful guy and we love him dearly.
1. One day Liam came home from school and was telling Chris and me a story about how he was playing Star Wars at school. He has no idea about Star Wars otherwise because we have never introduced him to it. I asked who taught him about Star Wars and he said "There's this kid at school with green hair and he's kind of different" Chris immediately looked at me because that is how I describe people who are outside the norm in personality or other ways from me. I told Chris and least it was better than him calling him a weirdo or strange. He didn't agree.
2. Anytime Liam is telling a story lately he uses the word "actually" it is funny because he will tell the story and the backtrack so he can add in the work actually.
3. This last week Brandi and I took the kids to the park. While we were there Liam started telling us a story about underwater divers but when he told it he said "underwear divers" you could tell he was pretty certain he wasn't saying it quite right but continued his story of "underwear divers", ha!
4. The other night Chris and I were out front playing basketball with the boys. While Liam and I were passing the ball back and forth he looked and me and said "Mom, keep your eye on the ball." Ha! I guess I wasn't looking directly at him.
5. Like I said above Liam likes to test his boundaries somedays. When we tell him no or discipline him in anyway lately he says "you're not my best friend" or "I'm not your best friend anymore" But the other night he gave us the "I don't like you anymore." I knew this would come one day I was just thinking it would be later in his little life. I know he doesn't mean it and he's just expressing his anger but it still hard to hear as a parent.
I LOVE these two boys with all my heart and enjoy listening to their stories and playing with them on a daily basis. I am truly blessed to work part time and have Grandpa watch them while I am at work. I know I am not the best mom (false -wcc) but I hope that someday they realize how much I love them and know that I really do try my best and want the best for them.
We recently spent one morning building puzzles. It was fun watching them interact while Liam tried to teach Colin his shapes.
Lastly, here are a few videos from this past month
Superman
Liam loving his new Batman PJ's and doing a little role play
Colin making daddy crawl around the house while playing pigs and Ironman getting a ride.
Colin is difficult to video tape because he instantly will run over and say "I see"
Daddy and Colin playing ball
Momma and Liam playing ball
This one is from awhile ago. Chris was pretty disturbed at Colin eating his grapes with ketchup, ha!
2 comments:
Well shiver me timbers! What a sweet edit by Chris. I didn't know he had it in 'im! ;)
You are too hard on yourself, you are an AMAZING mom! Good comment there Chris!
Post a Comment