Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Labor Day Weekend and Babymoon

First of all, here is a cute picture of these boys eating lunch with their Rescue Bots.
Over Labor Day weekend we began our trip to Phoenix Friday afternoon.  Our first stop was Toys-R-Us.  I had promised Liam we would go to a toy store and he could pick one toy.  Both boys were happy to go pick out a toy but Colin picked out a faulty Toothless dragon and was super upset so we had to quickly turn around, return the dragon, and find something else.  He loved his second purchase.  We eventually made our way to our "resort".  Chris and I actually turned around thinking it was an apartment complex but realized it must have been an apartment complex converted to a resort at least the best they could.  The nice thing was we had a one bedroom apartment to spend the weekend in.  That meant plenty of room for the boys to play and a separate room so Chris and I didn't have to go to bed at 8PM every night.  The boys even slept together and did GREAT! It was the first time we have ever put them together to sleep.  I know the picture is ridiculously blurry but I think it is super sweet.
Saturday was a busy day.  First we met up with my friend Roxy and we got to meet her sweet baby Orian. The boys enjoyed checking him out too.
Then we did some swimming in the pool.
Colin enjoyed his "boat" and stayed in it the whole time.  He just asked me to fill it with water.  He was actually pretty tired and did a lot of relaxing in his boat.
He did lay down and close his eyes a lot but here he knew daddy was taking a picture so he had a little grin.
Liam has found new freedom in the water if he wears a life jacket.  It is actually really nice.  He enjoys swimming a lot more and Chris and I enjoy being able to allow him to swim and play and just be in a safe range with him as opposed to holding on to him the whole time.  He had a great time jumping in the water, having daddy throw him in the air, and just swimming around.
Flying high

More relaxing
Under water pictures.
Liam wanted to pull Colin and told me "This is my first rescue"  Colin was more than happy to have his brother pull him around.
They were so sweet together.
Then I rescued Liam
The boys took three hour long naps after swimming and slept so well.  While they napped Chris and I did a little shopping and G&G Casson kept an eye on them.  Then we met up with friends for dinner.  I brought our camera but failed to take pictures because the memory card was not in it! Oops!  Anyway Chris got a few of the kiddos.
The boys bonding over the IPad
Molly smooching on Colin
Colin sweetly checking out Molly after the kiss.
Kiddos sharing food.
Liam, Colin, and Norah
Sunday the big boys went golfing.  The kids were going to come play in the pool with us, unfortunately poor Patrick was sick so they opted out but Norah still joined the fun.  These two had a good time.
This boy swam around with Grandma and did some more jumping
Colin was pretty pooped from his adventures in swimming and took a super long nap again.  
Mollie and I went shopping while the boys were sleeping and did a lot of baby stuff and trip to Bath & Body Works an got some sweet fall soaps and candles :)  That night we all went to Oregano's for dinner and then to Barnes and Noble and let the boys pick out a couple of books.  Afterwards G&G took the boys back to resort and Chris and I went to a movie and had a little us time.  It was nice.  Monday we took the boys swimming one last time and then met Megan for some lunch.  We made one last stop at a HomeGoods hoping to find my pumpkin bread mix.  (We tried three others and only found one that had two packages).  I scored big time and snagged four bags!  The trip was complete!  We had a lovely time and it was relaxing and I had so much fun swimming with my boys.  It was a nice trip before the baby arrives :)

No comments: