We were all pretty excited on New Year's Eve because it SNOWED! It really snowed! I can say I have never seen/remembered a snow like this in Kingman, ever! When the boys woke up I told them it had snowed. Liam was excited but got over it pretty quickly, Colin on the other hand was ecstatic! He ran from the front window to the back door about four times.
Then I heard him opening the sliding glass door. I asked what he was doing and he said he wanted to go outside. I explained it was too cold and he didn't have shoes on. He did not care so I let him run out real quick. He thought it was the coolest thing and then we quickly dried his feet and put on some slippers.
I really wanted to take the boys out in the snow at G&G's house since they have grass (that way we were not accidentally throwing rocks with our snowballs). Grandpa came to pick us up since the roads were not too awesome and Kingman doesn't exactly have to deal with snow all that often so doesn't have a fleet of road-clearing equipment on stand-by all summer (the last time it snowed was here, Colin was less than 6 months old!) Here is Liam showing his excitement
Colin was gazing out the window the whole way and then started to sing "Driving in the snow, driving in the snow" over and over then it changed to this
Once we got to G&G's we all bundled up to go play in the snow. Even daddy took a break from work to join us.
Liam, daddy, Colin, and Grandma
Eating a snowball
Snowball fight
Then the boys had us pull them on some sleds
Colin
Here are some videos
Slow-mo
Amelia was much too little to play in the snow but since it was her first snow we did get a picture of her in it.
After we all finished playing it was time for hot chocolate and Rescue bots.
Later that night we had some icicles and daddy grabbed one for each boy to check out (eat).
Since it was New Year's Eve, I found some sparkling juice for us to enjoy and ring in the new year at 8PM since clearly the boys were not going to stay up til midnight.
I pulled out some "fancy" glasses and the boys thought it was great and daddy put a Madagascar count down on the TV.
They loved it although most of us were not big fans of the sparkling juice. Colin got kind of angry at the drink and the way the bubbles felt. Liam said it tickled him and seemed to think it was kind of neat, but didn't love the flavor so much. He would take a drink and then laugh, ha, but didn't finish his!
Amelia was snoozing in her crib during the countdown but woke up and we had our own milk celebration.
Happy New Year baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment