Saturday, August 15th we celebrated our sweet Colin's birthday! We cleaned and prepped while the kids hung out with Sadie and Macey in the morning. Chris and I got quite a bit done and Tim and Mollie came over and helped out too. We picked the kids back up around 11:15 since the jump house had arrived and we thought they might enjoy sometime to themselves in it. They jumped a little bit but it was so HOT they came in the house with red faces and very thirsty. It did wear them out enough for nap time tough. After nap time it was party time! This year's theme was construction being that Colin likes all things that have to do with construction.
Party favors included blow up hammers, aprons, and construction hats.
This picture just proves I had more food than than the fist picture. We ordered a bunch of pizzas this year to make it a little easier.
Colin's cake was a ding dong cake from the hospital. They have a great bakery!
It was delicious
There was a lot of jumping in the bounce house but the kids did get hot and would take a break and come play inside then go back out. Eventually, a water fight broke out in the backyard so at least they found a way to cool off!
We sang Happy Birthday which was my favorite part. He was so cute while everyone sang to him.
Here is a little video but MY FAVORITE part of the evening was the minute we finished singing to him, he gave me the biggest hug. My heart melted. It was the best feeling in the world!
This was the first big party we had at our house and we need a larger home already! It would have worked better if it was cooler outside.
Amelia eating some pizza
Once again a random picture of Jess eating was found on the camera. Someday my husband will leave him alone.
Then it was time for presents
He cracked me up during the present opening process. He would get up off my lap, point to which present he wanted to open, and sit back down. Then I would have to actually grab the present.
He loved all his wonderful gifts
After presents it was a little cooler outside and there was lots of playing.
Chris, Matt, and I discovered the teenagers sitting in the jump house with a couple little guys so we decided to attack them.
This is proof that Colin had a great time at his party. I feel as though I failed at getting all the pictures I wanted but it was crazy. The bottom line is I know Colin had a great time and that is what it was all about!
Liam did such an awesome job at his brother's birthday. He handled Colin getting gifts very well and loved that his brother had a great birthday.
After everyone left the boys wanted to go swimming. We all got in the pool and had a great time. Then it was time for bed and the kiddos crashed quick, so did us parents, ha! (I didn't open the pool during the party because there was just too many kids and it made me nervous. Poor Neely came up to me and said "Aunt Sarah, is this going to be a pool party?" I had to tell her no but she could come over another day)
We had about 12-13 kids at one time! Chris and I realized that night there was not one major event an everyone got along well. Unless there was something we missed, ha! Anyway, our sweet boy had a wonderful day! Thank you to all who came and celebrated our big 3 year old!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great party for that wonderful 3 year old!
Post a Comment