Thursday, September 3, 2015

Flagstaff to Phoenix

August 20th we took a trip to Flagstaff because Chris and I had some appointments plus it was He-man woman haters weekend for Chris.  Basically golfing, food, and camping in Williams.  Chris left us Thursday afternoon and the kids and I stayed with Aunt Sandy.  We had a great time.  The kids played hard all day long.  This is the only picture I got on Thursday.  Colin was a filthy, happy mess
Later that night all the kiddos were brushing their teeth and it was a sweet moment
Love these babies
On Friday morning the boys started right in playing outside.
Here they are pretending to be puppy dogs pulling an ice chest.
Crazy boys!
Around 10:30 we left to head down to Phoenix.  It was a quite the little trip with just me and the kids.  It wasn't bad until about Camp Verde.  Then Colin started screaming because his ears hurt (we were dropping in elevation quickly) I assumed it was due to his tubes (found out about a week later his tubes are clogged and that may be why it bugged him so much).  My plan was to stop in Anthem at the outlet mall and let the kids play at the splash pad and we'd get lunch.  About 15 minutes out Colin was still having issues with his ears and I could smell that Amelia pooped.  When we finally arrived, I got Colin out first and he immediately told me he had to pee, I grabbed the stroller, and went around to get Amelia who was COVERED in poop.  It was on her hands, her legs, and even in her MOUTH.  I about died.  Then as I was trying to figure out how to get cleaned up, Colin started to cry because his ears hurt.  At one point I as considering finding an urgent care the way he was acting but he did calm down and said he was okay after we ate.  I wiped Amelia down the best I could and we immediately headed to the family bathroom in the food court.  I washed her in the sink and off we went to eat.  After lunch the kids enjoyed running around and playing in the splash pad.
Colin asked me to take a picture of him going down the slide.
He went back and forth to the splash pad and we had to take his shirt on and off more than once.
This girl had a blast and was soaking wet.
Liam enjoying the rock climbing wall
Water baby
Once we finished playing we headed to our hotel and the kids CRASHED
I took these pictures in the parking lot at the hotel.  I sat with the car running for 20 minutes before they started to wake up
That evening Grandma Casson met up with us and we settled in, took a trip to Toys-R-Us, ate, and did a little swimming.
The next morning Mollie and I took the kids to the Children's Museum and met up with The Marquardts. The kids had a GREAT time.  Even though Liam was angry and didn't want to go because he wanted to swim, he had a blast!
Liam and Jillian
Amelia weighing corn
Shopper
Jillian and Liam making pizzas
Colin and Amelia
Play area.
They had a huge play set and Liam took off and ran around like a maniac.  I had to follow Colin through the area and he had a great time but I had to squeeze through some tight spaces to keep up with him.
When we got back to the hotel I took the kids swimming again.
Friday evening Colin came up with the best transformer move he would perform immediately prior to jumping in and he continued to use his move through the weekend.
This little fish refuses to wear his life-jacket anymore and just likes to stay where he can touch.
Later that afternoon Chris and Grandpa arrived.  G&G watched the kids while Chris and I had an evening together at the rehearsal dinner.
The next morning was the day of the wedding.  I had to leave to get ready but watched Chris swim with the kiddos for a little bit. I think this is a wonderful picture of my favorite people.
Liam touching the bottom of the pool
Jumping in
Relaxing
I left after a bit for the matrimonial preparations and later the kids came to visit so I could feed Amelia before G&G took the kids back to Kingman.  I was pretty emotional when I left Amelia since it was the first night away from her where I wasn't within quick driving distance.  She did great and I survived too :)  Next up the Shagen Wedding!

No comments: