Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Colin is 4!

Sweet Colin is Four Years Old!  He is such a sweet little fella but he has a stubborn side to him, too.  He loves to do everything with his brother or his sister. He really goes with the flow.  He loves all things superheroes, legos, coloring, painting, kinetic sand, and play-doh.  As much as he loves playing with his siblings he also enjoys his playing alone time, which usually involves coloring or outside playing in the sand.  He says a lot of funny things and when you laugh at him he'll get embarrassed, and it's so stinkin' cute.  For example, I was giving him a bath one night and he was playing and out of know where he said "Oh Snap!"  I about died.  Then on the morning of his birthday he told me "I'm not three, three is dead." The kid cracks me up.  
Colin is going to preschool two times each week for a half day.  I was worried he wouldn't want to go once Liam switched over to kindergarten but he has seemed to enjoy it so far.  He even came home today and told me two of his friends' names.  He also seems to play a little more with friends just recently.  Before I would drop him off and he'd be hanging out by himself and be perfectly happy.  The other kids seem to like him quite a bit, especially some of the girls.  One day I dropped him off and this girl immediately came up and held his hand.  Colin didn't mind and off they went to play together.  Colin continues to be more cautious and likes to ease into new things but he is becoming more outgoing and social.  He has always been pretty social but in a small group setting.  Colin is a pretty smart kid and picks up a lot between school and his brother.  Basically, Chris and I barely work with him and he knows quite a bit. I'm a little worried he'll be bored come kindergarten for him in two years.
Colin likes to watch some TV here and there which usually involves Ninja Legos, Octonauts, and Superhero Squad.  He changes it up quite a bit though.  He is a good eater for the most part and will try most things but if he doesn't like it he will let you know (and can be very sensitive to food being too hot).  His favorites are dino-chicken, strawberries, yogurt, flat cheese (aka Kraft singles) and fruit snacks.
Colin had really been looking forward to his birthday and we had been talking about it for several weeks. When he woke up on his birthday we let him open his stuff that came in the mail but before that the boys were wrestling and Liam said "We are testing out his four year old muscles"  Liam was letting Colin win for the most part and then Colin said "Four is stronger than Five."  
He thought Great Grandma Bradley's birthday card was HILARIOUS!
He laughed so hard he threw his head back.
Colin currently wears a 4T/5T and a size 11 shoe.  He had his four year old appointment on his birthday.  I didn't remember him needing shots so I told him it was just a check up and was very wrong.  He cried when I told him he'd need shots and he wasn't too happy with me.  I felt awful.  His check up went well and he was 40 inches tall and weighs 40 lbs.  After his appointment I told him we could go to Wal-Mart and he could spend some of his birthday money.  That made him feel a little better.  He bought some Ninja Legos and we came home and built this dragon.
I took all the kids to boot camp after Colin took a good nap.  He was cracking us all up because he was doing everything with one arm.  I wasn't sure why but when we got in the car to head to soccer practice.  He said "Mom my arm hurts"  I asked why and he yelled back at me "because I got shots!"  That's when I realized his arm was sore and that was why he was only using one arm!
He used one arm at soccer practice too.  It had his coach worried (he's one of the docs I work with) and he came up and pointed out Colin was holding his chest and asked if he was okay?  Ha!  Yup! Just the worst mom ever here who made him get shots on his birthday :(
See his right arm over his chest?
When soccer was over we came home and G&G Casson picked up some Crackel Barrel and brought it to us for Colin's birthday dinner.  We all ate and then Colin finally got to open presents after his very busy day.
Colin was so excited. Here he is explaining it all to his brother.
I thought I caught all his excitement on video and realized I was not recording so here is a video of Colin discussing it all with Liam
Happy dude
The boys both got a ninja lego flyer and loved playing with those in backyard. 
Ninja flyers

After some playing everyone came in and we sang happy birthday.
All in all he had a pretty awesome day and I am so glad I was able to spend the whole day with him.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Love you, sweet boy! ❤