Monday, August 15, 2016

Kindergarten!

I'm preparing you now this is a long post about my first baby heading to KINDERGARTEN!  I'm still very unaware of how this all happened so fast!  
August 8th I was working but asked Grandpa Casson to swing by the Academy and see which teacher Liam would have for kindergarten.  Here is Liam looking for his name on the list
His brother and sister joining in.
Thursday, August 11th was meet the teacher.  Liam was super nervous and didn't want any pictures taken.
Here is his nervous/excited face.
When we arrived to his classroom we found his name and table
He sat down quietly until his teacher came to meet him
She talked to him and he was feeling so shy he barely even looked at her, ha!  She invited him to explore the classroom and check out the toys.  It took him a few minutes but he eventually did.
When we left he seemed pretty excited about kindergarten and kept asking when it started.
That Saturday night Colin and Liam were brushing their teeth and I was in kitchen and Chris was with Amelia.  Colin came running into kitchen and said something along the lines Liam and blood all over.  When I got into bathroom, Liam's loose tooth was bleeding and needed to be pulled.  He did not want me to do it but was okay with me wiggling it.  He eventually pulled it out himself after a few minutes of nervous wiggling.
It had a super jagged point to it in the root.
That night after he lost his tooth I was reading their bedtime stories and he had a downcast look on his face and he was basically staring off into space.  I paused and asked what was wrong and he said "oh it's nothing."  When I finished the book he was still clearly sad about something so I mentioned that if he told me maybe I could help.  He turned to me and started crying and said he would never get to show Ms. Mandy (his previous preschool teacher) that he lost his tooth.  He was so sad at the realization that he would not see her anymore.  I felt terrible he was so pumped to start a new school but so sad at this moment to not ever return to his old one.  He really does have a heart of gold.  Anyway, we went on with our Sunday and prepared for the new life of school everyday.  We made his packed lunch and he was literally jumping up and down the whole time with excitement.  Eventually he calmed down and we read the book "The night before Kindergarten"  and all went to bed.
On the morning of his first day of school we didn't even have to wake him up.  He got up on his own and put on his school uniform.
Our big guy!
Silly faces
Sibling photo, grandpa Casson came over and watched the younger two while Chris and I took Liam to school.
Momma and her boy
Love this one!
Liam and daddy
This is where I started to get sad but held it together.
He was so ready
First day of school Aug. 15, 2016
In the parking lot
Walking in.  Everything had to be BB8, particularly his backpack and lunchbox
Almost to his classroom
His table
Meeting some new friends
(This is where I lost it)
Once it was time to leave Liam I completely lost it and started crying.  I kept my back turned to all the others walking into the building in hopes of regaining my composure.  I gathered myself for the most part but you could still tell I had been crying and what made it worse was when people pointed it out as I was trying to leave!  Once we left Chris and I ran to Wal-Mart and ran into Melissa, she was teary eyed and said "why aren't you crying!"  and then we both started in the middle of wal-mart, good thing Chris had tissues in his pocket!
It was a change of the day for Colin, Amelia, and me.  They asked a few times where Liam was and when would he be home.  I did okay until I made lunch for just two kids and started crying again.  I still can't believe my baby is so big and starting school.  The nice thing is Aunt Trudi is at his school.  She sent me this picture and made me feel better.
They had all the kindergarteners line up before parents picked them up with hats that said "I rocked my 1st day of kindergarten"  It was the cutest.  Here is Liam and his teacher Mrs. Arnold.
Liam had and outstanding day and behaved off the charts for his first day.  When he came home I asked a gazillion questions (few of which were answered) and we cuddled while watching a show.
Liam loves school and I am so happy for him even though I miss him during the day!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I LOVE this! Thank you for sharing this with all of us! ❤