Well as most of you know, yesterday was Father's Day. I had to work the night before so when I got home the boys were up. I grabbed Liam and we went upstairs to grab his daddy's gift. Liam sat on the couch and helped his dad open up his present. It was cute- he grabbed one piece of tissue paper at a time.
And the next piece
Chris enjoyed his gift. He got an Angry Birds live action type game.
He also got a stuffed angry bird that makes noise. He had to show Liam. He also took it to work to set on his desk today.
Once Chris finished Liam played in the tissue paper.
Originally, Chris wanted to head to the spy museum, but traffic was RIDICULOUS! So we tried another route and it was still RIDICULOUS. Therefore, we pulled over in Georgetown and just walked around. We ended up by the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, which has been preserved in Georgetown as a park.
It was very peaceful
Someday we are going to ride on the boat!
We ended up walking into a few shops and eating a cupcake at a place called Baked and Wired. It was way better than Georgetown Cupcakes and a lot less crowded! As Chris and I sat and ate the cupcake, Liam decided to show us that he knows how to clap. It was adorable! We have been playing Patty Cake but he always puts his hands into fists, but yesterday he decided to show off his skills.
Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband and I hope he had a lovely day. I think Liam has himself an AWESOME daddy!
P.S. Liam today decided to show us yet another new skill. He can sit himself up! He doesn't do it the easy way, though. Instead of rolling onto his side and pushing himself up that way, he starts on his stomach, pushes backward with his arms until he's on his hands and knees, tucks one foot underneath his bum, then tucks the other foot, and then, with one last push off the floor in front of him with his hands, he leans back a little bit and, voila!, he is a sitting boy.
1 comment:
Wow...I love that there is so much to do in your area (and you guys are terrific at exploring). Happy Father's Day to Chris!!
Post a Comment