Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Colin's Here Part 2

We finally arrived in our room about 7AM and Chris and I were completely exhausted!  They took Colin to the nursery to get cleaned up and checked out so we thought we would finally get a little rest. HA! Fat chance, since there was an obnoxious buzzing sound coming from the room next door and about three different people came in to let us know they were working on getting it fixed.  Then there was construction going on outside.  Chris somehow found a way to fall asleep.  I could not though so I asked for some ear plugs. Then around 9:30-10 Colin arrived back in our room and of course I would much rather admire him than sleep.  Chris tried to get some more sleep while I fed the baby and then lunch arrived and I was starving.  I sent Chris home around 12:30 knowing Liam would be needing a nap and he could fall asleep with him.
Alex was great with Liam.  Apparently, when Liam woke up he came into our room realized that mom and dad were not the ones in bed and went back to his room and laid down.  Poor kid; we ditched him in the middle of the night.  He did great with Alex the rest of the day and went on a really long walk and had a lot fun.  She is our lifesaver!  
Chris and Liam came back to the hospital around 3PM so he could meet his baby brother. Here is a picture of their first meeting!  Liam was a little unsure about him.
Then we let Liam open his Big Brother gift.
He was pretty excited about his new remote control fire truck.
Then I convinced Liam to sit with me and check out Colin.
He mostly looked past Colin and watched Curious George, Ha!
Friday night in the hospital was pretty awful.  The nurse told me she would come get Colin around 10PM so she could assess him.  So I slept when he slept, then around 10:15 the fire alarm went off for about 10-15 minutes.  This delayed the nurse.  She eventually got him around 11:30 and brought him back at midnight. He was wide awake.  I didn't think I was ever going to get some sleep.  Around 1:15 I couldn't take it anymore, I called the nurse and told her to take him until about four so I could get some rest.  I had already talked to my nurse Friday afternoon and let her know I wanted to go home on Saturday.  When she came in that morning she said she would get me out as soon as possible!  Thank goodness!  I just wanted a little sleep.  Chris and Liam went home around 1:30PM so Liam could take a nap and by 2:30 I was discharged.  Liam decided to take the longest nap ever 2 1/2 hrs!  Chris had to wake him up so they could bust me out.  Of all the days Liam decided to sleep longer than an hour!
Sweet little hat from earlier in the morning.
Waiting for Dad and Liam
Sweet angel baby
We finally busted out around 4PM and I was so excited to get home!  Later Saturday night my mom arrived and it has been great ever since :)

3 comments:

Mindy Harden said...

He is a sweet angel baby - and he has an angel momma! :0)

Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness, those last two pics are the sweetest ever!

Unknown said...

He has dark hair! Did Liam? I can't remember. So glad your mom was able to go. Love to everybody!!