Tuesday, September 11, 2012

2 Week Appointment

Colin had his two-week appointment on 8/31, I failed to blog about it because the pictures I had were on my phone.  Anyway, he looked GREAT and is putting on weight quite well.  I actually had taken him in when he was a week old because he was sleeping SOOO much it seemed.  When I spoke with the doc he said to bring him in to the sick clinic when they have open hours from 8-9am so they could check his weight and that would let them know he was doing okay.  So Chris and I showed up and the office manager/LPN told us they don't take kids under two months old for their open hour clinic.  I told her we talked to doc and he told us to bring him in to be weighed, well apparently she didn't believe and said she needed to check his note.  I mean really just weigh my baby!  I already was a little leery of her because at Liam's one-year appointment she almost gave Liam the wrong shots.  It was a good thing I knew which ones he was suppose to get! Anyway, she told us about five times how they don't allow for under two months old but when she read the doc's note where is stated it said we should come in and have his weight checked.  Eventually, I broke down and started crying in frustration and she told me I was just a little hormonal from having a baby and it was okay.  I really wanted to knock her out.
Now then back to the two-week appointment.  I was in the waiting room and both boys had poop explosions (Liam was having diarrhea and Colin just poops a lot) but I was going to wait to get to the exam room to change them.  The same lovely office manager was the one who was to take us to our room.  She said something about forgetting her measuring tape and to meet her in room "...en" is all I got so I assumed room eleven.  Well it wasn't room eleven it was room seven and she looked at me like was my fault for going to the wrong room.  I was gathering two poopy babies and a diaper bag and her back was turned to me.  She then grabbed Colin and weighed him in a hurry and I didn't even get to watch cause I was changing Liam.  He weighed 8lbs 10oz.  I think he is putting on weight just fine!  Then she measured sweet Colin and apparently he shrunk a half inch from birth and is now 20.5 inches. HA!  I hope I never have to see her again. I was glad when she left the room and our regular doc came in.  She checked our sweet boy out and said he is doing great!
Here are some pictures from that day.
Stretching :)
Liam was well behaved and sat in a chair reading a book with cars.  He was perfectly happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That lady sounds aweful! I'd punch her out for you if I was there. At least all is well with Colin! He looks super cute all stretched out!

Brandi said...

Sounds like a great time. I never trust their length measurements, my kids have shrunk too. Colin is lookin' good. He still sort of reminds me of Liam, but looks more like Skifter to me. Who do you think he looks like?

Sarah said...

He has his Liam moments but I see a lot of Chris right now. I also saw a lot of Chris with Liam in the beginning so we'll just wait snd see ;)