Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week Review

During the week I try and jot things the boys do or say down  in my phone so I remember to blog about it.  So here it goes!
1. Liam likes to try and problem solve a lot lately.  He will be trying to do something and say "I know what to do" or "I have an idea" and then run to his room and do whatever it is he decides to do. It is hilarious!

2. The other morning Liam wanted Colin to play in his room, so I put Colin on the floor and they hung out together.  I kept checking in here and there while I was getting ready for the day.  Then I came in to check and Liam was basically laying on top of Colin.  I told Liam he cannot lay on his brother because he is just a little guy.  Then Liam looked up and said "Just wanted a hug".  Ha!

3. Liam has been into reading signs lately.  Anywhere we go when Liam sees a sign with writing he immediately asks "What's that say?"

4.  Liam has never been that best eater, especially at dinner, but he has always loved his fruit and vegetables. The other night he had broccoli with his dinner.  He immediately finished the broccoli and kept asking for "more broccoli"?  We had to bribe him with broccoli to get him to finish the rest of his dinner!  How many parents can say that?!?!

5. The other day Chris was trying to get Liam to go play in his room while I fed Colin.  Colin gets easily distracted by his brother and would much rather see what he is doing.  Prior to them going to the room Chris told Liam he was going to relax for two minutes before laying on the floor with a pillow.  A few minutes later, Chris said "lets go play in your room" and Liam said "I'm relaxing two minutes first" and laid down.  He's a funny guy.

6. Colin has had his first try and some snack foods. He has tried yogurt bites, puffs, and crunchies.  I have to break them up into pretty small pieces but he seems to enjoy it for the most part.

7.  Colin has also been trying really hard to crawl lately but just can't seem to quite get it.  He usually ends up moving backwards instead of forward but he can definitely get where he wants to go!

8. Colin can pull himself up on things now!  If he is in a sitting position and something is in front of him, he will grab hold and pull up to a standing position.  My sweet baby is growing up.

9. Colin really likes to sit up in the rocking chair or the chair in our living room.  He thinks he is big stuff and gets the biggest smile on his face.  Then when you take him out he gets very upset!  He cracks me up.

10.  Uncle Matt was playing with Liam and kept telling him he was crazy.  Liam just looked up at him and said "No I not"  It made me laugh.

This past week we made some Easter cookies along with a couple Mickey Mouse shaped ones.  Liam LOVED rolling out the dough
He was really into it.
Colin joined in on the fun when he woke up from his morning nap
After Liam's nap he got to decorate his cookie.  He covered it in all sorts of sprinkles, etc. and then only ate the frosting and sprinkles, Ha!  He scraped it off with his fingers.
Liam was all about wearing my headband as shown above, so Uncle Matt brought out his NBA headband to see if Liam wanted to wear it.  He wanted nothing to do with it but this guy thought it was pretty cool.
Wednesday Colin hung out in his crib like so...
Wednesday afternoons Liam has bootcamp.  They had a special Easter Egg Hunt.  They had to find and egg, bring it to Anna or Christy, do an exercise and then go find another egg.  I completely missed it because I got a job and was doing paperwork with human resources, more on that later though.
Colin hanging in the grass.
Exercising with Anna.
And I assume running to get another egg! (Thanks for the pictures Megan!)
My sweet boy playing with an egg.
As mentioned above Colin has had some crunchies.  Here was his face the first time he tried them.
Liam was playing basketball with daddy the other night and would blow the whistle and then make his dad go get the ball.
Sweet boy
Trying so hard to crawl!
Friday morning Colin woke up like this...
He had fallen asleep face down in his hands.  Apparently, he was comfortable.
This sweet little peanut has also learned to pull himself up.  He was having a blast in the chair on Friday.  

No comments: