Chris wasn't feeling up to par the whole weekend but he was making it through. The plan was to head back home on Monday but Sunday night Chris was on FIRE! He was not sleeping well and kept me up worrying abouy whether or not we should take him to an urgent care. So I was up from about 2-4:30 in the morning trying to figure out what we should do, looking up urgent cares, and of course feeding sweet Colin. Eventually I got to sleep and when I woke up called G&G Casson to see if they could watch the boys while I ran Chris to urgent care. They had plans for Disneyland and I felt terrible ruining their morning but really did not want to take the boys to an urgent care. They were GREAT and came to the rescue.
Once we got Chris to the doc it was clear that he had Strep Throat, which was awesome. Chris had already suspected, but his throat didn't hurt nearly as badly as the last time he had strep. So he got a prescription for an antibiotic. We decided to stay one more night so he could get the antibiotic in him and we could get some rest before driving home. We figured I could take the boys and Chris could rest in the hotel room. We had talked on the way back from urgent care about possibly going to Disneyland since G&G Casson already were planning on going. Once we mentioned it to Grandma she was SO excited!! Disneyland is her absolute favorite place. We checked into the hotel and off we went. Chris came for about two hours and then went back to hotel. He wanted to see the boys' reaction for their first trip.
Here is Colin entering Disneyland, sound asleep!
Momma and Liam
Colin woke up and got a picture with his 1st visit button
Liam was pretty excited and was being gregarious with his Grandpa and Daddy.
Daddy and Colin on the train
Liam and Grandma
Colin and Grandma in Toon Town
Trying to lift the heavy weights
Colin's Turn
We stood in line to meet Mickey. It was the only character the boys met that day but it was perfect because it is the main one they are familiar with, and Liam happily gave Mickey a high-five and a thumbs-up.
After meeting Mickey we ate lunch and Chris went back to the hotel. Grandpa left to meet Uncle Michael at the front entrance and Grandma, the boys, and I went to Fantasy Land. Liam and Grandma rode the carousel and Colin and I sat back and watched. As we were sitting there I noticed a not so pleasant smell from Colin. I picked him up and he had poop all over his outfit! I had an extra one but it was long sleeved and it was entirely way too hot for that! Grandma helped me get him stripped and clean. I left Liam with G&G Casson and Michael and they went on the Storybook ride while Colin the diaper baby and I headed to Toon Town to find a onesie. When I got in the store, I immediately asked a worker where the onesies were. She asked if it was an emergency, I said well kind of we had a poop explosion, ha. She took me to the onesies and I found one, she ripped the tag off and said it was on her, and that is why they are there! WHAT?! Never in a million years did I expect that from Disneyland! Here is our cute boy in his new onesie.
Later Uncle Michael, Liam, and I went on the Dumbo ride. Liam was so tired.
We convinced him to hop in the stroller and we would get some ice cream. I was secretly hoping he would fall asleep while we wandered but he spotted an ice cream stand and was quick to point out that he was suppose to get some. So this sweet tired boy got some ice cream.
We hit one last ride and let Liam drive a car at Autopia. He thought it was pretty cool.
After that we decided to take off but got caught by the parade chaos. The plan was to hit a store grab a couple souvenirs, and leave. Instead we watched a little of the parade and then went into a store. Liam got a light-up car, Colin got a stuffed Mickey Mouse, and they both got some soft Disney character bath toys and shirts from G&G Casson. It was a great first trip but the next time we go I will be better prepared and hopefully Chris will be healthy! HA!
1 comment:
I'm sorry Chris was sick, but what a fun change of plans! I'm hoping we can get you all to Disney World in a few years!! :-)
Post a Comment