Monday, May 6, 2013

1st Haircut!

So I have a little catching up.  While we were in Kansas my babysitter called and said she could no longer watch the kids because they were moving to Alaska.  AWESOME.  I was a little irritated she didn't mention that her husband even applied for a job, I mean she only had the kids for 2 1/2 weeks!  Anyway, I have not found anyone new yet and the one that I liked when we were looking before is out of space.  So dad watched the kids Thursday and Friday and will continue here and there.  Thursday Liam gave Grandpa Snay his ultimate tantrum about taking a nap.  I ended up talking to him on the phone and he calmed down and then laid down for him.  When I asked Liam how his day went he told me "I cried and cried and said I want momma"  He even acted it out with a really whiny voice, Ha!  He's a funny guy.  I guess Liam told Grandpa he needed his diaper changed because he pooped.  It takes dad a minute to get down on the floor due to his bad knees.  Liam then looked up at him and said "It's okay Grandpa, you can do it." Bahaha.  Grandpa got a kick out of that one!  
Liam is really into a CD he got from a friend at bootcamp (Thanks Sandy).  He loves the one song "spooky song" and constantly wants to listen to it over and over in the car.  He knows it word for word. It is super cute.  On a side note, Liam has been expressing his feelings more and more and recognizing feeling a lot lately. It has been a big change in him and I am not sure how to full describe it.  He notices when he is scared or happy and will actually tell us how he is feeling.  He is really growing up :(
Here is a little video of Liam from a few weekends ago. We were downtown and their was a little car show going on.
Colin was having a blast with a cup the other day.
This little man is all over the house lately.  Still army crawling but it works well for him.  He was following me into the kitchen and found hair tie along the way.
Silly guy
Colin is climbing all around!  He has also been trying to pull himself up on things.  He can't quite stand up yet but he will get on his knees.
We decided to give this little one his 1st haircut!  It was getting a little long around the ears and the back was  constantly getting knotted.  Here he is with his curls!
He was not to happy when we started.
The pacifier helped :)
The next day we let him try out some watermelon and this was the face he gave us! Ha!
We've been trying to give Colin more and more different foods besides his baby food, but it is tough since he still only has two teeth!  Liam decided the other day to share his fruit snacks with him.  I quickly snatched it out of Colin's mouth and explained to Liam that he was still a little too small for fruit snacks.  It was very nice of him to share though.  Liam has enjoyed playing with his brother more and more lately.
Colin and daddy playing ball together.  Colin LOVES it!
I know this blog is all over the place but I just needed to get some stuff written down before I forgot!  Also I added a little video to the Oklahoma post, check it out :)

1 comment:

megs said...

I thought of you the second I heard about Alaska! That is so hard, especially since the other one is full now! I will try to think of anyone else that may be a good fit. (HUGS!) It shouldn't be that hard!