It's hard to believe but Liam is 2 1/2 years old. Last Thursday was his official 2 1/2 year old birthday so I got some pictures of him in his pajamas after we got home from eating dinner at the Snays'.
I don't even know where to start. Liam is a great kid and I love him with all my heart. He is really into hotwheels/matchbox cars lately and evey time we go to the store he thinks he needs to get a new one, Ha! He really enjoys any cars but those are the ones he seems to be more into lately. When I was taking a few quick pictures he insisted on taking it with his car, Rowdy.
Liam still loves Thomas the train and his "Choo Choo" blanket. One of his favorite things to do is when he gets out of the bathtub is wrap himself up in his blanket. He is really into the show 'Fireman Sam" and runs around the house calling Fireman Sam and putting out fires. Today, G&G Casson brought over a porch swing and Liam started sliding down the pole, running over to his play castle, and using the hose to put out a fire. It was hilarious. He has also become very good at playing by himself and using his imagination a LOT! He still likes to play with us, though, and often says "Come play in my room with me." His vocabulary is amazing and he is so clear when he speaks, it makes me kind of sad knowing that my baby boy is growing up, and yes I still call him my baby.
I measured him Thursday and he is 36 3/4 inches tall. He is finicky eater and some days he eats a ton and other days it's a fight. Some of his favorite foods are broccoli, cheese, yogurt, and sweets. He is wearing a size 3T/4T depending on the brand and a size 9 shoe. He's even close to needing a 10! He usually does pretty well about sleeping through the night but the last few weeks he gets up and wants his door open. With his vivid imagination he has become more scared at night. He does well with his baby brother, particularly in the morning. He wants to see and play with Colin but in the afternoon he can be a little stinker to him sometimes. I am sure this will be ongoing as they grow up together. I just hope they love each other.
Liam used the potty for the first time last Sunday (May 19th). When he woke up his diaper was dry so I asked him to try and use the potty. He was a little resistant at first but then he went in and tried. Then about a minute later Chris and I heard the potty singing!!! Yes his potty sings when he goes. It was such an exciting moment and we called grandmas and grandpas to let him know how exciting it is. He even went again later in the day. He really has to be reminded to go to the bathroom because he is so distracted playing at other times of the day. Today he went again but had to be reminded. I am hoping to fully get this potty training thing going come June.
I know this picture is blurry but it's a fun one.
Happy 2 1/2 years to our sweet boy! We love you!
1 comment:
He's getting so big! Did he hit a big growth spurt? His feet are bigger than Jackson's -- and I always thought Jackson was so much bigger than Liam! We also have a lot of Fireman Sam in this house...and being "scared" of things too. Must be the age? I sure wish these boys could play together. We miss Liam!
Post a Comment