Friday, September 19, 2014

Baby Shower and 37 Weeks

On Sunday we were suppose to go to my mom's house for our usual Salsa Sunday gathering.  She weirdly told me she had some stuff to do so asked if 4:30 would be okay.  It was odd that she gave me a time considering we always show up at that time anyway due to the boys' naps.  I ended up taking a nice long nap on the couch and was really struggling getting up.  When I got going Chris told me that his dad needed his rake and wanted to run it by before going to my parents.  I found this odd because earlier in the day Tim and Mollie said grandma was going to come eat dinner with them so I wasn't sure why he was in need of a rake right before dinner.  I casually told Chris to just drop us off at my parents and he could run the rake over.  I grabbed the boys' swimsuits so they could swim while at my parents but Colin was out of swim diapers.  I told Chris that we could just stop at the dollar store before he dropped us off.  By the time we left the house I ended up driving and that apparently made Chris a little nervous.  Then he called his dad on the way to my parents and told me grandma wants me to stop by too because she has something for me.  I was so tired I had no desire to argue; all I could think about was my parents' couch.  Then I said "well, lets grab some diapers."  Chris then told me we should do it after stopping my his parents' because it would be "quicker."  That one was quite baffling since it would not be quicker.  Once again I didn't argue but looked at Chris like he was a nut job instead.  So we continued to his parents house.  When we turned on to the street I realized what was happening once I saw everyone's cars.  They were having a surprise shower.  Once I realized this I turned to Chris in the car and said something along the lines that he could have given me a hint to at least make myself presentable and but some deodorant on (False.  She said, "I see what's going on here.  You guys are punks" -wcc)!  So instead I entered the house with my make-up smeared, couch marks, and my smelliness, luckily no one seemed to mind :)
Awesome decor by Brandi, Tyra, Cassie, and Trudi
Cake
It really was an awesome surprise to see everyone I love come together and celebrate Baby Casson #3.
Sweet boy having fun with a balloon
Opening gifts from everyone. Colin loved this little lamb blanket.
After gifts everyone enjoyed chili verde and enchiladas and cake and cupcakes too.
The kiddos had a blast running around and playing outside and convinced Jess and Chris to pull them around on a blanket.
Enjoying the evening
Hanging out
Thank you to everyone who helped with and attended this special day.  I really had no idea even though I did want to "argue" with Chris :)  It really was wonderful and Baby Casson is set!
Now then, today marks 37 weeks!  This baby is full term!  I still have some stuff I want to get done so hopefully he or she will continue to grow and give this momma time to finish up some stuff.
Baby Casson # 3 is 6 and a 1/3 lbs and approx 19 inches long, about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard.
This little one still moves around quite a bit.  On Wednesday I woke up at 3 am to a very tender belly button.  It was strange because I have never had it before.  I looked it up and found that some people have it.  I also looked down and attempted to check out my belly the best I could and it was red and puffy.  It is still a little tender and I am starting to get an outie!  I never had an outie with either of the boys so I am thinking maybe that is why it has become tender.  Luckily, it is not nearly like it was yesterday :)
Boys taking pictures with me (not sure what is up with Liam's expression because he was perfectly happy)
Showing our bellies
I had Tuesday and Wednesday off from work and convinced Brandi to come over and help me with quilts on Tuesday.  Basically we had a sewing date while the kids played.  She was just the motivation I needed to get started.  I'm about half as fast as her but at least if gave me a chance to get familiar with my machine again.  Yesterday I finished the top of the girl quilt except the bottom row and then took it to Brandi since she is a thousand times better and actually putting it all together.  She is my hero and lifesaver for helping me!
I also started the boy quilt.  I have about 3 rows sewn together and probably won't get anymore done until this weekend since I worked today and will again Friday.  Here's hoping they will both be finished before he or she arrives :)

3 comments:

UsIves said...

What a fun surprise! And I love the quilts!

Brandi said...

I love when Chris comes in to edit your posts. Haha.

Both quilts are looking good!

McDyson said...

Aw, what a sweet surprise! Sorry we couldn't make it. =(