Last Thursday we decided to take the boys to the fair. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea since it is always so dusty and dirty and WAY too expensive but the boys had a BLAST. We started out by riding some ponies. Colin really enjoyed it although his face doesn't show it.
Liam and his pony
Then we went in the petting zoo.
Liam enjoyed this goat. Then he found a little girl to talk to, and chased a duck around.
Colin really liked this sleeping pig.
We eventually made our way to the rides, which Liam was super excited about. We told him he could only choose a few rides since the tokens were crazy expensive and it was getting late. He first chose this obstacle course with a slide. I was a little nervous about him going by himself but he did great and came FLYING down the slide. He even landed a little funny and had a little blood on his lip but he was more happy than worried about his lip.
Daddy took Colin to the carousel while Liam did the obstacle course.
Then Liam really wanted to do this little roller coaster ride. I was nervous he would get on and then be terrified but he turned to me and said "I can do it by myself, I'm brave." So I let him go.
He LOVED it! The kid in front of him no so much. He ended up crying the whole time.
Chris took Colin on the spinning bears. I attempted a picture with them in the ride but I couldn't get Colin's sweet little face.
We had five tokens left and you had to have at least three to ride each ride and we literally had NO more cash on us to get one more token for Colin. So Colin and I went on a walk while Liam rode the train.
Chris and Liam finished and walked back to where Colin and I were and Chris had a concerned look on his face. I asked what was wrong and then I saw that Liam had a small teddy bear in his hand and Colin instantly wanted one. Chris said as they were walking back from the ride there was a fishing game for two tokens so he thought he'd let Liam play but didn't realize everyone is a winner. The bear was clearly going to be an issue and it wasn't exactly fair to Colin so we walked to the front of the fair, found an ATM, pulled out some cash, and bought two tokens so Colin could go play the game and win a bear.
Here he is fishing with daddy.
Basically the 10 cent bear ended up costing $10.00 with bank fees, ATM fees, and the cost of the tokens to play, HA! The best part was the smile on Colin's face when he got a bear too. He was absolutely thrilled! The boys both slept with their bears and played with them the next morning.
Friday we took a trip to Flagstaff for an appointment for Chris's shoulder that has been bugging him. We enjoyed dinner at Oregano's and stayed at Sandy and Larry's for the night. The next morning we drove to Prescott so we could stock up at Costco before Baby Casson's arrival. The boys were super troopers with all the time we spent in the car so we did a stop at the park in Prescott. They had so much fun and Chris and I did too. It is so much fun playing with our kids and sometimes I think we get consumed with things that we need to do and forget to enjoy the moment. On Saturday I really enjoyed this moment with my family.
We of course played superheros and Chris and I were the bad guys and chased the boys around. We also came across this cicada. It was huge and you could here them in the trees all around us. The boys thought it was neat.
They rode on a dinosaur
Then right before we left for Costco they all went down this three way slide together.
While at Costco Liam found an Ironman costume. He kept telling me he wanted to be Ironman for Halloween but I was hesitant about getting it in case he changed his mind. We decided to get it since it was much cheaper than at other places. The minute we got home Liam had to put on his costume and he LOVES it. Colin also tried on his Thor costume I bought last year. They had fun playing superheros.
They checked themselves out in the mirror too.
It was a long trip but we had a great time.
2 comments:
Haha! That mirror pic is awesome!
Both boys look PERFECT in their costumes!!
Post a Comment