Saturday, November 8, 2014

Halloween!

Halloween! We love Halloween around this house.  I wish/wanted to do more stuff with the boys but with a newborn it is kind of difficult.  Next year I'll be ready to have a fun filled day with all three of my babies :)  We started our day out by getting ready and going to Wal-Mart where I told the boys they could pick out a Halloween movie.  They picked out a looney tunes cartoon DVD.  When we got home they were more than thrilled to watch it.
Liam with his fangs
Colin wanted to hold Amelia
Amelia sporting her new bow for the day picked out by her brothers
The boys took naps and were pretty excited when they woke up knowing it was getting closer to trick or treating.  I made tacos and my mom, dad, Sadie, Matt, and Emily came over to eat and see boys in their costumes.  Then they had to leave for a football game.
Thor and Ironman
My babies.
Showing off their super powers
Grandpa and Colin
Amelia as Ironman.
Aunt Sadie and an attempted picture with boys
Uncle Matt flew Thor around
My sweet kiddos
I slacked on Amelia's costume.  I wasn't sure boy or girl when we had her, so when I finally went to find something there was nothing that would fit a newborn even the smallest sizes.  Eventually, I looked online and found cute little cat onesie and hat but they also did not have it in her size. So she was my cute little pumpkin and her outfit said "My First Halloween and she had a pumpkin on her butt :)
She was adorable
The boys ventured out in our neighborhood first and were excited to get started. There first stop was our sweet neighbor one house over.  He put together special treat bags for them.  It was so sweet and nice.  It was the only house on our block I followed them to because Amelia and I needed to get back to pass out candy.  We had quite a few trick or treaters but nothing like we did in Virginia.  Although I wasn't at the house the whole night either, so who knows?
Here's a picture Chris captured of our boys
The boys trick or treated in our neighborhood for about 40 minutes when they got back to the house we loaded them up and headed to the Jacobs to meet up with the other kids.  When we got there I had the kids sit down for a photo and amazingly got them all looking at the camera!
We all cruised through the neighborhood.  Amelia rode in style and slept the whole time :)
Jess and Reed
My boys
Liam was so excited to trick or treat with Cason.  They even held hands to the first house.  Colin was hilarious and had to point out the decorations on everyone's house that had them.  He was a slow trick or treater but he enjoyed himself.  He even insisted on walking and carrying his own bag when I offered to help. There was only one weird incident at one of the houses this lady was taking pictures of all the kids.  We were all a little shocked and then left thinking it was odd.  Brandi and I made ourselves sick over it thinking of every possible terrible thing this lady could be doing with pictures of our children.  So on the way back Brandi asked her to delete them.  She was more than happy to and didn't mean any harm but we did feel better knowing the pictures were deleted.  Brandi even had Jess take her some cookies afterwards to ensure there were no lingering hard feelings. :)  
Overall the kids had a great time and were exhausted when we got home.  It was a wonderful Halloween and I am a little sad we have to wait and entire year for it to return!

1 comment:

UsIves said...

What cute babies- all 3!!