Friday, January 23, 2015

Balloon Festival

Last weekend we went to the balloon festival.  We left for Lake Havasu Friday night and stayed at my grandma's condo so we could catch the balloons early (they start at 7:45) plus it allowed us to turn everything on to prepare for my grandma's arrival this last Monday.  We didn't leave the condo until about five minutes after the balloons started lifting off so the boys watched the the beginning from grandma's balcony.  They had one balloon go up and some prop planes fly around it to start the festivities. 

Boys excited to start our day
Amelia and Yoda
We discovered that we didn't have to be at the festival to see all the balloons.  A majority of them were flying over and around the London Bridge but it was cool to get up close to a lot of them.
Daddy and the kiddos
Amelia and me
Attempt at a family photo

Liam was cranky about five minutes into being at festival.  He wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel.  We told him that we would later.  He remained cranky a while longer (he did not sleep well the night before) but eventually snapped out of it.
Humpty Dumpty was one of my favorites
Colin spotted a firetruck and immediately needed to check it out.  Liam did too.
The boys were hungry even though they did have some breakfast at the condo.  While they waited for their pancakes they played tag with dad.
Amelia and I waited for the pancakes
Chris got one order of pancakes thinking it would be plenty for the boys since they did have a yogurt and a banana.  They DEVOURED the pancakes and both asked for more, ha! 
Colin enjoying his pancakes
While we were hanging out eating,  Chris went to grab me some donuts, I was feeding Amelia, and the boys were dancing around to the music.  All of a sudden I heard Liam screaming.  I didn't hear him initially because the music was so loud, but luckily a nearby couple heard him.  He was on the other side of table and ducked down so I couldn't tell anything was wrong.  Well he had his finger stuck in a folding chair!  He pinched his finger pretty good.  It took him a while to get over it.  It basically ruined his morning fun.  Once he stopped crying we wen to check out the hot air balloon that you could walk in.  Liam was still upset and didn't want to take a picture.
The boys
Once we told Liam we were going to the bounce house his finger was magically better and he was back to having a great time.  It was an obstacle jump house with a slide at end and then you run back around and go again.
Colin loved it too.  This picture Chris captured cracks me up.  I think that girl made him a little nervous.
Amelia hung out with us and let us take pictures of her while the boys played in jump house.
Then it was on to the rides.
Love this one of my boys
Then the boys wanted to do the slide.  I'll admit I was super nervous seeing Chris up their with both of them.  I was afraid one of them would accidently slide down and Chris wouldn't be able to catch them but once I went with them I realized there is plenty of room.
They loved it
so much that they went again with me
Then Liam did the roller coaster
and Colin went on the helicopter again.  Colin wanted the red helicopter the first time when both boys went but was stuck with yellow.  I think he was happy to have the red one the second time around.
I should also mention once we got to the rides Liam completely changed his mind about the Ferris Wheel, ha!  As we were leaving the ride area Liam asked if they could get cotton candy and of course Colin joined in.  I told them they had to ask their daddy.  It was the cutest interaction and Chris said he'd need some hugs first.  The boys gave their daddy the biggest hug ever.
We then watched a couple of the dogs doing tricks/courses at the dog show.  The boys actually kept asking to watch the next dog.  It was cute to see how neat they thought the dogs were.
Once we left we went to eat lunch at Red Robin and met up with Grandma Snay and Aunt Sadie who came to town to do some shopping.  Here is Amelia in her hot air balloon dress she sported for the day.
and one with her grandma
After lunch we brought the boys back to the condo for naps and Amelia and I went with grandma and Sadie to do a little shopping.  We all had an exhausting, wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

UsIves said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!