After the Kids Triathlon we all went to breakfast at IHOP. G&G Casson, Grandma Snay, and Aunt Sadie all joined. We skipped soccer opening ceremonies for breakfast. I have to say it was probably the best decision. When we arrived at the park Colin seemed pretty excited about his game.
He even came running to join his team.
I had to help coach (or guide) since the coaches couldn't make the first game. It was clear Colin had no interest in playing soccer. He immediately sat down on the field and stated he was too tired.
This is basically what it looked like...
Other kids running and playing and Colin off sitting, ha! So he went and sat down and was perfectly content, if a bit cranky. Maybe next year he will be more into it. We'll see! I, on the other hand, had to continue trying to get 3-5 year-olds to focus which was especially difficult when about 3-4 of them primarily speak Spanish in their home.
After Colin's game we came home and the kids played while Chris and I frantically cleaned and prepared for Colin's birthday party. Tim and Mollie came to watch Colin and Amelia and made sure they got good naps before the party while Chris and I went to Liam's game which was at 1:30PM. Lets just say it was hot.
Sitting with his team in the shade.
Liam LOVES soccer. He has really gotten into this year.
I have throughly enjoyed watching him play.
Getting after it
Go buddy!
Coming out pretty red faced.
I watched him play one quarter and then had to head back to the house to finish up stuff for the party but from what I saw he really likes playing and enjoys all the kids on his team.
Next up Colin's party!!
1 comment:
Liam DOES look so into it, those are some awesome action shots. My favorite is the one of him grinning though. :)
Post a Comment