Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Power Outage and 33 Weeks

This weekend was suppose to be nice and productive but we had a lovely storm Friday night that changed all of that.  Chris and I were upstairs after Liam had gone to bed building a dresser for our room, when all of a sudden we heard the wind blowing like crazy.  I peeked out the window and the sky was lighting up with lots of lightning.  I looked at Chris and said "I didn't know it was suppose to storm?"  He agreed and we looked at the weather app on our phones and they also didn't know anything about a storm.  Then the rain came down and the thunder and lighting were intense.  The wind was blowing so hard the rain sounded like pellets hitting the window.  I was watching out the window and saw the townhomes just across the way lose power and then five minutes later ours was gone.  
Chris and I waited it out for about 40 minutes before we grabbed Liam and went to the basement because it was blazing hot upstairs and Liam was sweating. (It was a 100 degrees or hotter the whole weekend) The next day we woke up without power and let Liam run outside with the neighbor kids, and kept door open while we tried to figure out how to save our newly bought food from the grocery store. Chris ran around for about an hour trying to find dry ice, but had no luck so he came home with regular ice and we packed it in our fridge.  Eventually, it was way too hot to be at our house so the Hamadis were wonderful and allowed us to invade there delightfully air-conditioned house!  We took the babies swimming and Ghani cooked up some dinner with some of the meat that had already started to thaw in our freezer.  We came back late Saturday night and slept in the basement again, which was still cool enough.  Sunday we were still powerless so once again we invaded the Hamadis and Chris and Liam stayed the night there while I went to work.  I came home to get ready real quick and it was still a million degrees.  When I got off work Monday morning I came to check and we had POWER! It was the greatest day ever!  Liam and I came home around 1PM yesterday and I think he was a little happy to be in his normal routine!  Thanks to the Hamadis for being our life-savers this weekend!
Lastly, I am 33 weeks as of Sunday! This baby is going to be here before we know it!  I keep trying to discuss names with Chris but he just looks at me and avoids conversation, so our child may not have a name when he is born.  Great!  Last night our little guy was going nuts.  It is hard to describe how different his movements are compared to what it felt like with Liam.  He seems to be all over the place and sometimes it literally tickles when he is moving.  It is so strange, but I LOVE it!  Chris and I were watching him move around last night and he must have cut of circulation to a vein in my stomach for a moment because I ended up with this crazy white line down my belly.  I have also had a couple dreams that this little guy comes early but I attribute those to my anxiety of not having his little space ready yet! Anyway, here we are at 33 weeks!
Our little bambino is approximately 4lbs and just past 17inches. About the size of a pineapple!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Our fridge went out about 2 weeks ago, literally just after we spent $150 on food. We panicked, too--actually did find some dry ice and packed everything in ice chests. Ended up buying a new fridge (which of course couldn't be delivered for 4-5 days. I ended up fixing the old one the next day for $40... Go figure. Noel's Mom is going to take the old one. Fun times.