Monday, July 30, 2012

Visitors and 37 Weeks!

Aunt Sandy and Uncle Larry are in town for a few days visiting.  It has been great!  On Saturday we took them to the National Fallen Fire Fighters Memorial and then over to Gettysburg.
Liam lagging behind everyone.
9/11 Memorial.  This was still under construction when Chris and I went last time.
Once we started driving into Gettysburg, which is only about 15 more minutes, this little guy was OUT.
We all walked into the little downtown area.  Liam checked out President Lincoln.  
Eventually, we were all a little thirsty and saw an ice cream shop.  So we ate some ice cream and got some water, of course.  They had a silly game outside where you had a ring on a string and had to try and get it on the hook.  Thank goodness Chris and Larry got it on the hook or we might still be there!
Then while cruising the battlefield, which is a lot of area, we came across a watch tower.  We all hiked up the millions of stairs to check it out.  I almost died going up all those stairs but the view was worth it!
My picture doesn't quite do it justice.
Liam pointing out all the trees to daddy.  He is obsessed with letting you know when he sees trees and cars which is all the time in this area.
On Sunday we went and walked around some of the memorials.
Sandy, Larry, and Liam checking out the Korean War Memorial.
Liam had a few leftover crackers from his Lunchable so we let him feed the ducks.
He thought it was pretty cool and one got his finger but he was unphazed by it.
Family photo.
It was a really warm day so Chris, Liam, and I came home after we dropped Sandy and Larry off at a museum and we picked them up later from the nearest metro.
Now then.  As of yesterday I am 37 weeks!  Three more to go!  This little guy is keeping me on my toes.  My feet have been swelling a lot lately and I have been having lots of cramping.  He also moves sometimes and hits a nerve or something which causes my right leg to have a numb feeling and makes it very difficult to walk.  I usually have to sit down until it passes.  
Liam wanted to join the picture again.
Our little man is fully cooked (AKA full-term)!  He is approximately 6 and 1/3lbs and a bit over 19 inches long.  
Liam gave the baby belly a kiss but then ran away.  We missed it but I think he is gonna LOVE his little brother!

No comments: