Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween!

Tuesday night we carved our pumpkin. Liam was more interested in trying to use the sharp tools!
Colin watched
Liam didn't care too much about the pumpkin guts so mom and dad finished that part.
The boys watching the process
Eventually dad and Liam went up stairs to take a bath, while Colin and I finished the process.  Here is our bat cat pumpkin
The boys and their momma :)
On Halloween I had a million errands to run since I failed to get to the grocery store the night before.  We were having people over for enchiladas and chili verde!  It was pretty cold outside early in the morning so Colin sported his cute winter hat
That night kids started showing up at our door around 5:45, Liam was eating dinner but was very intrigued as  to what was going on.  We told him to finish eating and he could go trick or treating.  He ate his food and was more than happy to put on his costume and shoes. Arrival at his first door!
We tried to get him to say trick or treat, which came out like "apple treat".  He never did say it at a door though.  
Candy please :)
Colin was exhausted and struggled all afternoon with napping.  I carried him while we took Liam to a few doors and Colin eventually passed out.
Hurry up guys I have places to go!
Liam and daddy
Family photo
After Liam went around our little courtyard of townhomes Colin and I went back in the house so he could lay down and I could hand out candy.  Colin looked super cute while he slept in his little raccoon costume but I didn't have the camera and failed to use my phone to take any pictures.  When Ghani arrived he and Laith met up with Chris and Liam for some more door to door action
The boys did a little running too
Liam had so much fun and it was so cute to see how excited he was to go to the doors.  He always knocked (too softly, but still) and almost always said "thank you."  He also learned pretty quickly that we were targeting houses that were decorated and/or had porch-lights on.  He also enjoyed eating some candy!  When Liam got back he was willing to take some photos with Colin who was awake after his 20 minute nap. Liam kept putting his thumbs up we are not sure why :)
My sweet, sweet boys
1st Halloween!
They are awesome
I tried to get some more pictures but Colin was done, he was so tired!  I took him out of his costume since it was pretty warm and rocked him.  Later these two little monsters decided to unload everything from the shelves and put it in Colin's rocker.
And this is what it looked like, silly boys
Once everyone had left and Liam was in bed I was looking through my pictures and was so upset that I didn't get more pictures of Colin in his costume!  He just had a rough evening but once he woke up from his evening nap I apologized for not taking more pictures and took some more of him in his PJ's.
I think he accepted my apology.
Halloween PJ's!
Sweet baby boy!
The next day I made the boys run around to some stores so I could get some sweet Halloween deals and that is just what I did!  I got the dragon and monkey costume for $5.50 each!  Costumes set for next year!  I also got some bat cups for the boys, a couple picture frames, a canvas print, and a snow white costume for me! I was pretty pleased!
I was pretty sad when Halloween was over, as usual, but I know it will be twice as much fun next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pic of Liam and Laith emptying everything out into Colin's rocker is HILLARIOUS!!!