Well, the time has come for us to say good-bye to Alexandria, VA. I never thought I would be so sad and upset to leave this area but this is where our babies' lives began and I will always have a very special spot in my heart for Northern VA/DC area. It's funny to think that four years ago Chris and I decided to move here together.
I am not going to lie it took a little while for me to adjust, especially after I saw all the dead looking trees on our arrival to our new home in 30 degree weather. I told Chris I felt like Snow White running through the forest being attacked.
I started my nursing career here and have learned and experienced more than I probably would have in a lot of other places. I am very thankful for everything I learned.
We were introduced to Honeycrisp Apples and now no other apple tastes nearly as good!
Chris and I were engaged at the Lincoln Memorial which will always be very special and hopefully we will be able to come back and visit in the future
We started our married lives in our little town home
We had our first precious angel baby
Liam Timothy
and our second precious angel baby
Colin Scott
We were also lucky enough to have multiple visitors during our four years here.
JennaHagen helped me move out here and was the 1st official visitor and came out a few more times after that.
Then we had good ole Uncle Larry and Aunt Sandy
Then the Snay Clan stopped by
The Dysons (Meg also visited again last May)
Hayley
Joe
The Ives and Hardens, we went back and forth to Richmond which was wonderful and they will all be missed dearly!
My momma came for Liam's birth
The Cassons for Liam's birth
Uncle Matt
The Molls, Our little family with Emma
G&G Casson and Uncle Michael and Noel
Nico
Sandy and Larry came to visit again too, they must like us!
Grandma Snay came for Colin's birth but he came a little early :)
G&G Casson
And last but not least Shane!
The Danhoffs also came but I can't seem to locate my pictures. I failed to mention that Scott Jordan and Craig Messer came to visit, too. I was in Arizona when they came and do not have any pictures located on this computer and the ones Chris has are on his packed up computer. Sorry for leaving you boys out!
We have also been lucky enough to visit all the sights and take many little trips to lots of little places. It has been amazing and I am so thankful for all the opportunities we have been able to have while living here.
4th of July on the mall
Mount Vernon
National Cathedral
Gettysburg
Washington Monument with Capitol in background
We have experienced quite a few weather events
Snowmaggeddon
Snowpocalypse
Flooded Basement
Earthquake
Hurricane Irene
Derecho
Hurricane Sandy
We have been blessed with very special friends while living here
The Hamadis
Liam's buddy Jackson
and his momma Megan
Tim and Alex
Lilah and her momma Grace
Christina and our other little Lyla
Little Noah and his momma Holly (they moved to CA back in March)
and of course Matt and Tammy
and last but not least we will miss our family the Hardens and the Ives who have also been so wonderful to us. (Look up above for photo)
I am truly going to miss our east coast life but I know that new adventures await us
Good bye 608 N. Ripley St, thanks for all the wonderful memories
3 comments:
Awe what a sweet post! And I love that I was the first visitor and Shane the last. :) I've loved having a free place to stay in DC but it will be awesome having you back in AZ! Safe travels to AZ!! And in case you were counting, I came to visit 4 times. Does that win me an award or something? :)
I totally LOVE this post! It is such a good recap, and I love how much you love DC now. I totally relate in the not being in love with it at first, then spending the beginning of adult life there, and coming to have a love of it as our first real home.
Safe travels! See you soon, I hope!
Craig and I visited. I visited twice.
Post a Comment