Here is my sweet angel baby being so happy even though his lungs still sounded awful the other day and he couldn't breath.
Liam has still complained about the sun being too bright so he wore my sunglasses this time.
Wednesday Liam had boot camp, and it was a nice day so they were able to go outside and run. He did really well this particular day with no breakdowns and participated in pretty much everything. Some days he refuses to participate the way he is suppose to and would much rather do his own thing, but Wednesday was AWESOME!
Thursday we went and watched Aunt Sadie's basketball game. It's always an interesting form of entertainment and I don't mean the actual basketball playing itself.
Liam watched from the top of the bleachers, he had more fun going up and down them.
To follow up on my last post, Liam was pretty sick Monday morning but no fever just more tired and lazy than normal and he kept coming up to me and saying "hold you", meaning hold him. I of course didn't have a problem with that at all. My sweet boy has never been much of a cuddler so when he gives me the opportunity to hang out with him I take it! He still has a little cough and runny nose but overall is much better.
Sweet Colin on the other hand had his four-month old appointment on Thursday. Yes, it is very late because no one could get us in when we moved here. Anyway, it was treated more like a follow up from last week's appointment. Colin still sounded awful and I had cut back on the albuterol treatments because he developed this nasty dry cough and would start coughing and it would last anywhere from 2-5 minutes before he could catch a break. When we got to office they weighed him and he lost ONE pound in a week! That had me pretty worried just from the start. He has been eating, not as long but more frequently. When the doc came in she listened to him, I told her about the cough, and she decided to give him some saline inhalation to help loosen the mucus/snot so it can come up and out. She also prescribed him an antibiotic since he developed some lovely green snot. She is currently not too concerned with weight but we go back on Monday to have him checked out again. When we got home I gave him a saline treatment and my poor baby coughed for a good 20-25 minutes and mucous and snot just drained from him! I felt horrible especially since I kept using the nose sucker to make sure it was all coming out. He was miserable but still smiled sweetly at me once it was all over. He seems to be getting better and I really hope Monday goes much smoother and he gains some weight back!
Colin has also struggled with bedtime for a while now. And even more so since we moved. About four nights a week he screams himself to sleep and then wakes up about 20-30 minutes after we put him down screaming some more. Chris and I don't know why he does this but has no problem during the day. It is super frustrating. I meant to discuss with the doc on Thursday but his breathing was more important at the time. Anyone else had their kiddo scream at bedtime? If so I would love to hear about it and take any advice.
2 comments:
I so hope Colin is better soon, he is SO sweet and adorable. Now....... screaming bedtime baby.... do you want to hear it gets better or do you want my reality? Ha. Minuet has always screamed at night. I worried it was gas when newborn, and then either over or understimulation, but I just think it is her release from the day and she lets it all go at night. I don't know. She wasn't colicky, she wasn't the scream for hours every night, but she wasn't peaceful and she still wakes up screaming here and there (this week was one of those weeks). I was actually most intrigued when she was waking up in a crawl and screaming, or waking up already pulling up on her crib, whatever developmental point she was at she was still actively working on it in her sleep. I worry she's a sleep talker or walker, an active sleeper - since sometimes she's screaming out and we'll run in and she's sound asleep.
And, so, I can say a routine for bed, and calm the hour before, does make a difference in the calm in her night - we've done book, bath bed, and now bath book bed since I need something to bribe her through it all. We have a lamp light in her room so lower light for reading time than playtime... and try to remember not to be too wound up as bedtime approaches. We've had times where we could just lay her down and she'd sleep, but I don't remember what age that was or how long it was (baby age in months, was a good time), but she had every sleep regression, and I've just accepted she will always fight sleep since she is 100% sure she's missing fun when she's asleep.
Is Colin just crying himself out, or does it work him up? Because whenever we tried "cry it out" with Minuet, it horrifically backfired, since she didn't calm down but wind up in crying. There are times I let her go because just whining cry and could tell going to sleep - 99% of the time though Minuet ignored led to screaming redfaced unhappy girl, and if she cried herself to sleep she'd be so agitated she'd wake up repeatedly and remember she was angry and scream some more). I read about sleep in askmoxie.org/sleep (great blog about kiddos) and she discusses that some people seem to wind up crying and some wear out... and figuring out your kid is the key.
I hope you guys work something out and he finds sleep easier - screaming babies are so sad.
Hi, Sarah,
I just wanted you to know how much I love following your blogs - even more since you moved! Thanks for giving me a way to keep up with your precious family!
Love you guys,
Aunt Mindy :0)
Post a Comment