Last week Liam had a couple of crazy long naps. Monday he slept two and a half hours and then Tuesday morning he was up at 5:15! Wednesday he had been asleep for well over two hours and I decided to open the door and let some light/noise in so he would wake up. Usually the minute you open the door Liam wakes up because he is a pretty light sleeper, but not this day! I took pictures with flash and he continued to stay racked out! He eventually woke up fifteen minutes later!
We had dinner with G&G Casson and Colin was smitten with his grandpa.
This past weekend we went to California to see Uncle Michael and Noel. Friday was an interesting day. Chris was not feeling great, and had a sore throat and a low grade fever the night before, I wasn't feeling so awesome, and about an hour prior to leaving it started snowing like crazy. I went back and forth with Chris on whether or not we should even take the trip. I did not want to drive in nasty weather with both of us not feeling so great and two babies. The weather stopped and we decided to take off and I drove so Chris could try and rest. We made our first stop in Blythe at McDonald's. When we got Liam out of the car he was SOAKING wet, along with his car seat! Apparently his water bottle leaked all over him and he didn't even say anything. So I took him into the bathroom and we got him changed and cleaned up. Then all of a sudden I saw Aunt Sadie come into the bathroom! Random! Sadie was on her way back from Astro Camp with a school group and we just happened to stop at the same McDonald's in Blythe at the same time. Weird! Anyway, we eventually left after and hour and fifteen minute stop which also included attempting to dry Liam's car seat. He had to sit on a plastic bag for the rest of the drive. We made it to our hotel about 10PM with two cranky adults and two very tired babies!
The next morning everyone was much happier! Chris said he felt a little better, I was better, and the boys were perfectly happy! We stayed at hotel with a kids' suite. Liam really enjoyed the bunk beds!
We ate breakfast at the hotel and Colin tried out a high chair for the first time! He liked it :)
We arrived at the zoo around 10:30 and we set Colin up in the big boy chair with his brother. I did change my mind though and switched him back to the car seat carrier for napping purposes.
This beautiful fella met us when we entered the zoo. If you have never been to the San Diego Zoo the Peacocks just wander around. It's pretty cool.
Colin was very tired and fell asleep not too long after we switched seats for him.
Meerkat
Liam was obsessed with checking the zoo map. He kept wanting to look at it and did a pretty good job of finding the pictures of the animals and knowing where we were. It was super cute!
Hanging with the elephants
He really enjoyed climbing on the animal statues too.
We made our way to the Polar Bears which are always awesome to see but Liam was having so much fun in the kid area which consisted of a tunnel area and two different exits on opposite sides. It was SO crowded I didn't like being there in fear of loosing Liam so I told him we had to keep moving. He was NOT happy so this handsome guy showed up just in time to put a smile on his face and help mom and dad keep moving!
Colin woke up just in time to see the Zebras
He is always such a happy guy
We went to eat lunch, met up with G&G Casson, Michael, and Noel, and continued on our journey.
Liam and Grandma holding hands while checking out the animals
Boys and the Rhino
Boys and the Flamingos
The Flamingos were kind of crazy. I had no idea how noisy they could be! They were fun to watch.
Family photo. I was hoping to get the Giraffes in the background, oh well!
Our little family :)
We made a pit stop for ice cream and Liam was very excited about it! He shared with everyone, meaning he had to taste everyone's!
This little one took his second nap of the day.
After ice cream we checked out the monkeys
We left around 4-ish and Liam had not napped so he was exhausted. He crashed before we even pulled out of the parking lot. He was a trooper!
We went to eat dinner and set the stroller up so Liam could continue to sleep. Colin was wide awake and entertained us. When we finished we drove to Lake Forest and crashed at our motel! More to come!
1 comment:
So fun! I can't wait to read more about your CA trip! Love you!
Post a Comment