Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Last Week

Before I get started I have to jot down a couple of funny Liam quotes lately.
1. Liam likes to tell stories and sometimes he'll tell us "I knuckled it"  Meaning he punched something or a bad guy etc.  We are assuming he picked up the idea of punching at school (from playing, we don't think there's really any punching there), but doesn't know the word "punch."
2. One day Chris was in the bathroom and Liam was looking for him and said "Are you in there babe?"  He clearly got that one from me, Ha!
Last week we were pretty busy recovering from our Virginia trip.  Colin helped me unpack and do laundry while he played in the rocking chair.  Basically, I was doing everything I could to keep him from waking his brother up from his nap.
We hung out at G&G Snay's one day and Aunt Sadie busted out her mustache glasses.  Liam thought they were quite funny.
Colin has been into playing peek-a-boo
"Where is Colin?"
"There he is!"

The boys had dentist appointments last Monday.  It was Colin's first appointment.  The dental office is pretty cool, because there are lots of toys and games for the kids, but if I had known there was no school on Monday I would have rescheduled my appointment!  It was so CROWDED and they were behind but luckily there was plenty of stuff to keep the boys attention.
Liam video skiing
Colin basically found every toy he could possibly chew on.
This was the first time Liam has ever had his teeth cleaned.  The other dentist we have taken him to have just looked at his teeth and said they are fine.  You could tell he was a little nervous but he sat perfectly still.  There was one time were he gradually pulled his arms up because he "felt it was tickling him". The hygienist was surprised he sat in the chair by himself the whole time.
I was one proud mama and I think he was pretty pleased with himself too :)
I didn't get any pictures of Colin because I had to hold him.  He did not appreciate anyone cleaning his teeth, especially since he has some teeth coming in and his gums are already sensitive.  So here is an after picture.  (The boys had haircuts right before the dentist.  I miss his sweet curls)
One night I was trying to get the boys together for a picture in their matching PJ's but Colin only wanted his bottle and Liam kept giving me silly faces, Ha!
They did sit with me and we looked at pictures for a few minutes on my phone.  I sure do LOVE them!
The next morning Colin was a firefighter.



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh - Liam looks like such a big boy!! And I miss Colin's curls, too! (But I think he looks more like his big brother with his hair shorter.) Love you guys!