Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin Train

Last Saturday we took a ride on the Pumpkin Train in Williams, AZ.  We were trying to get out of the house by 8:00 am but failed miserably!  Liam wasn't feeling too awesome and slept in (and we were not about to wake him), then we had to get both boys fed and Liam coughed so hard he threw up, and then we finally made it to the car and realized we still needed gas. Ha! I don't know why we bother setting a leave time.  Once we arrived I was starving because I was too distracted doing other things to eat a real breakfast.  I tried going to the little coffee place hoping to find a muffin but they didn't have any so Liam and I shared a caramel apple instead.  He basically licked the caramel off and I got the rest.
The boys playing before getting on the train.
Liam and momma on the train.  He quickly left me after this picture and sat in his own seat by grandma and grandpa :)
We rode the train and listened to Halloween music.  The boys really enjoyed it.  Then we made it to the pumpkin patch.
Sweet boys
Family photo attempt
Grandma and Grandpa with the boys
Colin found his perfect pumpkin
Liam was getting a little cranky so we went on our search for a perfect pumpkin.  They had a few small white pumpkins laying out and he wanted one.  We saw two and were walking towards them and I told Liam to "pick which little pumpkin you want there are two"  Well a little girl quickly snagged one and then a mom who was standing right next to me when I said that to Liam and had clearly heard me grabbed the other.  I was shocked but Liam, being the sweet little boy he is, walked right up to the mom and said "Can I have that pumpkin?"  I was so proud.  The mom handed it to him and walked away. (Besides her kid already had a little pumpkin)
Here is what the pumpkin patch looked like coming off the train.
Colin had a lot of fun looking out the window on our way back to the station
Liam was pretty tired and laid like this on grandma's sweater for a little bit.
They had some activities at the station but the boys were pretty tired so we grabbed a bite and the boys went home with grandma and grandpa while Chris and I went to Prescott so we could stock up at Costco :)

No comments: