Friday, October 10, 2014

40 weeks

Alas, my due date has come and gone and I am still very pregnant.  I had my appointment today and I am still not dilated at all.  I was going to have the doc strip my membranes but neither of the docs that I semi-trust will be around this weekend and I was nervous about the on-call doc for the weekend so now I'm hoping that I do not go into labor until at least Monday.  I have another appointment on Monday and will go from there.  I guess Baby Casson #3 is just comfy cozy.
Liam sticking his belly out with me.
Then the boys wanted to make silly faces
Goofy boys
Baby Casson #3 is approx 20 inches long and 7.5lbs.  About the size of a small pumpkin.
I am not really in a big hurry for this baby to come.  I am done working and now just playing the waiting game.  I also never said whether I thought we were having a boy or a girl.  I actually have no feeling either way.  All my pregnancies have been so different.  I will say that everyone I know that is pregnant or recently had a baby have had girls.  I feel like it is the year of girls.  I only know of two people that are having boys.  I also have a fear that it could be a girl purely because I struggled so much finding girl quilt material and the boy one came so easily.  Lastly, the beginning of this pregnancy was stressful with the amnio and everyone says girls are more dramatic ;)  These are my few reasons I think it may be a girl.
I feel like it could be a boy because I know boys.  I feel like I do well and relate better to boys, probably because it is all I know right now.  I am naturally drawn to the little boys section of any store I enter.  Either way I can't wait to meet this little baby and love on them!

No comments: