Monday, October 13, 2014

Date Night

A couple quick things before I forget.  
1. Colin likes to ask questions lately and when you answer him he will say "oh" and the "otay"  It is pretty much the cutest sweetest thing the way he says it.
2. Monday night the baby was moving around a lot!  I had Liam feel my tummy and he looked at me with some excitement and said "Do you think the baby will pop out tonight?"  I laughed and said you never know. (Obviously it did not happen)
3. Colin was also able to feel the baby move.  He sweetly said "baby movin?"  Then he would lift up my shirt trying to see the baby and not understanding why he could not visually see a baby.  It was awesome.

The other night we were out front water the flowers and came across a gross (in my opinion) caterpillar.  Colin was quite interested in him and introduced himself by saying "I Colin Scott Casson" ha!
Here is the beast.  Chris put it in the tree so I didn't have to look at it anymore, ha!
On Tuesday the boys and I had a fun filled day. First they played superheroes.
Ironman with some cool shades
and little Thor
They had so much fun playing together.
Later I gave Liam some options of things to do.  One of the items on the list was going to McDonald's to eat lunch and play in the play area.  He was very excited.  On the way there Liam kept saying we were going to "Old McDonalds"  It was super cute.
Colin going down the slide.
Liam being a monkey.
The best part about McDonald's was seeing how well Liam and Colin got along.  Colin gets a little nervous climbing in some of these big play areas and gets upset if he can't find his way out.  Liam did such an awesome job helping Colin and having Colin follow him so he felt safe.  Which was great because I really didn't feel like climbing into the play area at 9 months pregnant!
Liam has had some emotional moments lately where I have felt like he needed to spend some more one on one time with me.  I think he senses things are changing and gets tired of always doing things with Colin.  For example at bedtime we all read together in Liam's room and this week Liam had made it clear that he wanted to read alone in his room and asked me to read.  He wasn't upset about it but just wanted his alone time.  I talked to Chris later that night and said I thought maybe that was why he was acting out a little more.  He's had a few complete breakdowns lately and it can be the tiniest thing that can set him off.  So on Tuesday after dinner I told him we were going to go on a date just me and him if he wanted to.  At first he didn't quite understand when I said date but when I said it would be just us he was pretty excited to go.
Me and my sweet boy
I surprised him by taking him to Baskin Robbins.  He was pumped when he realized that was where we were going. He got to sample some ice cream and then he picked the birthday cake flavored kind.
Like I said he was excited.
We had a great time and he even danced to some of the music that was playing.  We talked about school and I let him know that if he ever felt like he needed to spend time with just mom or dad to let us know. After we finished our ice cream we picked out a spiderman ice cream cake for Chris' birthday and of course grabbed some to go for Colin and daddy.  When we got home he was so cute because he immediately went to tell Chris about how we picked out a cake for him but stopped himself and said "Wait I can't tell you, it's a surprise."  Ha!  I never said it had to be a surprise but that is how he wanted it and he kept it that way until today when his daddy got to see the cake he picked out.  I think we will have to start implementing monthly date nights with our boys.  He really is a sweet, loving boy and I hope he realizes that Chris and I will always be here for him.  

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Your two boys could not be any cuter!! Love them!