Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Firemen's Memorial and Alexandria

Wednesday morning we went to the National Fallen Firefighter Memorial at the National Fire Acadamy in Emmitsburg, Maryland.  It was a rough trip for the kids since it's not exactly a place to be rambunctious.  Liam was definitely tired of having to be in the car even though we had just started and was struggling with his listening skills. He wasn't too thrilled with me on our arrival.  But we made up and got through the morning.
Grandma and kiddos checking out the 9/11 Memorial
Amazing
Colin and Amelia
My babies
Kids by their Great Grandpa's brick
Family photo
Hubby and me, I was trying to get us with the cool building and fall trees.
Everyone wanted to be held at one point, this was the best I could do!
After the Memorial we took our time getting to Alexandria.  Did I mention it was Chris's Birthday on this day!  He is such a trooper,  there have been many of his birthdays where we spent the majority of the day traveling.  He is always willing to go along with anything and everything (for the most part).  I love him with all my heart and couldn't ask for a better partner in this ride called life.  His birthday wasn't anything special like I'd prefer.  We took the kids to Toys-R-Us since I had promised them a toy on our vacation.  Poor Chris had to go to the toy store, drive, and when we parked to go eat lunch some place in Maryland.  The bumper rental van went over the little cement block at the end of the parking spot.  Normally it'd be no big deal but there was rebar sticking out of the top and when Chris reversed it tore up the plastic scrape plates under the front bumper.  So the boys all put it back together and no major damage was done.
When we arrived in Alexandria everyone checked into their hotel (but us) and went straight to Old Town.  I realized how much I miss wandering the streets every Saturday there.
Liam checking out the water fountain
Boys admiring it
Amelia had fallen asleep in the stroller by this point.  She was pretty exhausted.
We stopped for ice cream
Then it was off to the park so the kids could burn some energy.
Rope climbing
Sweet gal
Climber monkey
She loves to swing
Big guy
He enjoyed twisting the swing an then hanging from it
More rope climbing
As we were getting ready to leave I wanted to get a few photos with the kids with the Woodrow Wilson bridge in the background.
My boys
Family photo
We left and went to stay with the Hamadis for the night.  It was so nice to hang out and visit with our friends.  The kids had a great time.
Maggie was so kind and bought some cupcakes and pizza so we could celebrate Chris's birthday.
These little ladies were so cute together.  It was our first time getting to meet Dahlia because the last time we were in Virginia Maggie was pregnant with her.
We stayed up way too late visiting but it was worth every minute.  We miss our VA friends.

No comments: