Friday, November 11, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

On Sunday we decided to go to the zoo because it was such a lovely day. Here are Liam and Daddy checking out the goats at the kids' zoo.
Then we headed over to check out the lions.
The cubs are no longer babies but more like teenagers.
Daddy lion
Eventually, the dad woke up and let out a roar. The other lions just looked up at him without moving.


Next was the Orangutan
This panda wanted inside, we eventually headed inside and right when we did they let this guy in for his snacks. It was fun to watch.
Red pandas, because they are cute.
Otters because they are awesome.
We brought Liam's walker to the zoo and eventually he used it to cruise around.
This cheetah was eyeing Liam BIG time. Even a guy standing next to me said something to the effect of "man that cheetah wants that baby" That is when Chris brought Liam up close to the fence to torture the cheetah.

Finally, we saw Mane Wolves, which rarely happens because they never seem to be in sight when we visit but the zookeeper was out giving them snacks. The first time I saw one of them was when Matt was here and spotted it, shocker I know.
We had a great day at the zoo and they are starting to set up for Zoolights which thrills me! I can't wait. I have wanted to go every year we have been here, but the first year snow interfered, and last year we had Liam who was much too small to be out in the cold. This year is the year!I leave you with a few pictures of Liam's new tricks.
Such a daredevil.
He had a pretty miserable moment last night. He woke up around 11PM screaming and super upset. We gave him some Tylenol, Orajel, and a bottle, but he did not get back to sleep until about Midnight. He had a few moments today but seems a little better this evening. I hope those new chompers make their appearance soon!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Ok, the cheetah part... I don't know which part is better--the guy saying that the cheetah wants to eat Liam, or imagining Mom's face when she read that.

G & G Casson said...

Or the very best part--your brother taking Liam closer to the fence.

Mike said...

I meant "Mom" as in you, not Liam's Mom. Liam's Mom was a willing accomplice.