He finally did it, he escaped from his crib Tuesday afternoon. It is probably somewhat my fault. Nap time has been AWFUL since we got back from Arizona and it takes about 30-40 minutes of screaming and crying before he falls asleep, regardless of how tired he is. Finally, I could not take anymore so I placed him in his crib and let him cry because I needed a five-minute mom timeout. I came downstairs and heard a loud BANG. I panicked and sprinted back up the stairs, and he had reached over and knocked his piggy bank off its perch. I closed the door again and sat on the staircase. Suddenly, Liam became quite and finally I thought he fell asleep, but then I heard the door knob turn and out popped Liam. I couldn't believe it, apparently I made him just mad enough to realize he could get out of his crib, though prior to this he never indicated any desire. Ironically, his toddler bed arrived the same day. Ha!
He has continued to climb out of his crib and is basically a pro at it. He did fall once last night while Chris was attempting to get him to bed. I originally tried to get him to bed, but lately he has been clinging to me for dear life. I am not sure why. Maybe he knows he won't be the only one soon enough.
We also took away the pacifier for naps, so he is officially pacifier free. And that may be part of the problem, too. He has been waking up after only an hour for his naps and usually wakes up screaming and crying like he is having a nightmare. It is so upsetting to me. Yesterday, I gave in and let him sleep with me because after 30 minutes of getting nowhere with his nap I was pooped and couldn't take anymore (I was coming off work). He fell asleep and stayed that way for 2 hrs and 40 mins. So we are going to continue to disturb our little one's life while we are on a roll and change his bed to the toddler bed this weekend and eventually do some furniture rearranging in his room. Chris and I may never get him to bed peacefully again unless he is in the bed with us!
On another note Liam seems to be getting bored with most of his toys, so it is time to pack away some of them and get some new stuff. Today, we went to Toys-R-Us and got a basketball hoop and a little wagon with a bucket and shovel. He pulled that thing all around all afternoon. It was super cute!
Sweet boy
Playing at the park
Liam and dad playing in some sand down by the water.
Also, Liam has been really into jumping off things lately. A foot-plus drop does not phase him. Today, he leaped off our trunk in the room and just looked up and smiled. At Gymboree he is in heaven because things are padded! These past two weeks they have had it set up so the kiddos can jump about two feet off a block and onto a mat. Liam is the only one in his class that has no problem leaping off without mom's hand. The moms in the class look at me and say "Oh my, you have quite a daredevil on your hands", and then get a look that says, "thank goodness my child doesn't do that". Today we attended a different Gymboree class since Liam missed a couple weeks and has some make-up sessions. There was a dad in the group who saw Liam leap off and went "Wow, he has no fear", and his look said, "I wish my kid did that". I thought it was funny how moms and dads are different when it comes to the activities of their children. It made me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment