Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Here is a little action shot of Liam playing with his new basketball hoop.
Yesterday, Chris and I went to work on baby preparations and setting up Liam's toddler bed.  When Liam woke up from his nap he helped his dad out.
Here he is playing on his big-boy bed after it was built!
When we went into his room to take down the crib and replace it with the new big-boy bed, Liam started clinging to me and wanted me to hold him.  He even rested his head on my shoulder, which NEVER happens unless he is very tired!  I have been kicked out of the bedtime routine the last few days because Liam has been getting a little hysterical when I am around at bedtime. So, I have participated with reading and then I make my exit while Chris reads one last book.  The first night Chris had to have him lay down a few times but it went smoother than expected and tonight he didn't even try and get up!  I told Chris the last two nights have been too easy; I am still waiting for the breakdown.
Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband.  Today we went to Chesapeake Beach about 45 minutes away from us.  It was suppose to be 79 degrees and sunny, but instead it was cloudy and cool.  It wasn't bad, but it would have been nice to have a little sunshine!
Mom and Liam checking the water temperature.
We met up with the Hamadis for our beach time fun.  
Ghani and Laith testing the water.
The water was a little chilly but not too bad.  Liam and dad resorted to playing in the sand.
Dad even made him a little hole and kept pouring water in it, until he realized the sand absorbed water entirely too quickly.
Maggie and Laith playing in the sand.
Liam getting his feet buried.  He thought it was pretty neat.
Daddy eventually made him his own little fort.  He was standing in it saying "Tah-dah!!" and then he started destroying the walls.
Then the boys finally braved the water.  I attempted it but it was just too cold. Liam was thrilled!
Playing with dad.
Splashing
Liam would walk away from Chris and then turn around and come running back in the water at him.  It was cute!
They had a blast together.
Finally, Liam's little lips were a little too purple, so dad had to make the executive decision that it was time to get out of the water, otherwise Liam would have stayed! Ha! We dried him off and warmed him up a little and he played in the sand a little more.  On the way home Liam fell asleep about a minute into the drive.  He was pooped, but he had SO much fun with his awesome and wonderful daddy!  We love that guy :)

No comments: