Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sandy

Here are a few pictures from bath time on Sunday night.  We figured we should get the boys good and clean before the storm hit.
Chunky peanut :)
Liam likes to go fishing in the bathtub
My boys
Monday was the day Sandy was suppose to arrive.  Chris was told not to come into the office and had the choice to work from home, which he did.  We stayed in the house all day hanging in our pajamas, watching the news to see which way the storm was going to go.
During this time Colin got to try out the bumbo!
His little personality is coming out more and more and it is awesome
Liam got a little jealous of Colin, (which is pretty rare) in the bumbo and at one point tried to push him over in it.  Once we got Colin out he decided it was his turn.
He's a silly boy
As the storm started to get worse.  I decided I wanted to go check out the creek by our house before it was too bad.  So I put on my boots and headed out.  The water was definitely high but not as bad as Irene at least at the point I had gone out. Liam decided to wear my boots when I got back :)
That night the wind blew pretty good and I made the whole family sleep in the basement for fear of a tree falling on our house. I'm not crazy, the news people recommended that people sleep on the lower levels of their house so we went with the advice.  The storm didn't get too crazy by us thank goodness!  We kept our power, our basement didn't flood, and no trees fell on our house or cars.  I can't say the same for others though and for those that did get hit, I hope things get better soon!  The next day the boys and I escaped the house and had lunch with daddy! I was originally going to let Liam go splash in the puddles but once we got out the door it was raining again.  He looked cute in his rain boots though
This boy enjoyed some tummy time when we got home.  He could probably roll over but starts to get too frustrated after awhile.
He's a good guy
and a pretty happy boy!

1 comment:

Mindy Harden said...

Those boys are so darn cute!!!