Our sweet baby Colin is five months old! I swear it goes faster and faster every day! Colin is 26 1/2 inches and weighs 16.8lbs! I am so happy he got his weight back up. When he first got sick and we took him to pediatric office on the fourth he was 16.9lbs and then dropped to 15.8lbs on the tenth and was 15.4lbs Monday the fourteenth when they checked again! The doc wasn't too concerned about weight on Monday because he at least held steady and he was breathing so much better, she knew he'd start eating better. SOOO happy he is feeling better. He also received his four-month shots on Monday and did really well! Our boy is still very happy, sweet, and smiley. He has also become VERY vocal some days! I LOVE it! He is still drooling a ton but no teeth yet! He chews on everything! Colin has also officially been given title of worst sleeper. I guess I jinxed everything when he was sleeping so much as a newborn and I called the pediatrician with worry. He was sick the last couple weeks so I will give him the benefit of the doubt but he gets up every 1-2.5 hours. He isn't necessarily hungry but can't seem to comfort himself back to sleep. It's hard to believe he slept the night through on Thanksgiving! He also screams at bedtime. I will say the last couple nights have been hit or miss. Colin has a VERY narrow time frame of getting to bed. If you start early enough you may avoid the screaming but if not he will scream for an 30 minutes to an hour before falling asleep. Even though nights are EXTREMELY frustrating and rough we LOVE this boy so much! Naps are difficult, too, basically because he will not fall asleep. He doesn't scream just won't stay asleep. I have been trying to get him on a schedule hoping it will get better soon. When Colin sleeps he likes to kick both feet up in the air and then drop them down in his crib. He has also been just holding his legs straight up in the air, usually when getting changed. There is a little video at the end of this post.
Sweet boy
Back side
Tummy time! His hair is still crazy but there is just no way to comb it/part it and keep it calm in the back unless I gel it which I don't feel like doing yet.
My little peanut
Half smile
Trying to sit up. He can sit up for seconds at a time before toppling over. That is with assistance to a sitting position of course!
Check out his baby thighs. They are chunky and rolly and I love it.
His thighs actually are a tight squeeze for the bumbo!
Colin is also starting to laugh when tickled and it is awesome!
Chillin'
Five month old baby feet!
Colin likes to stand (with assistance) usually with us holding him with two hands so this photo was quite difficult to take by myself!
Colin loves the elephant in this video. Sometimes we snuggle it next to him to get him comforted to sleep.
You can see how he holds his legs :)
2 comments:
I'm so glad Colin is feeling all better! What a sweet, special guy. Now go to sleep, Colin. ;)
Sweet, sweet baby boy!!
Post a Comment